Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

22 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The Euro is rain and warm on Christmas, so is the Canadian. They're not caving to the gfs. If you want to believe the gfs because it’s showing snow, that’s your right

We sure go into the deep freeze from 12/26 on.  The question will then be how many storms are there-the last cold wave gave us 3 measureable events in 7 days...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

We sure go into the deep freeze from 12/26 on.  The question will then be how many storms are there-the last cold wave gave us 3 measureable events in 7 days...

The pattern once the cold comes in on 12/26 is not one that would support a major snowstorm/KU. The TPV drops down into south central Canada; fast flow

20 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The pattern once the cold comes in on 12/26 is not one that would support a major snowstorm/KU. The TPV drops down into south central Canada; fast flow

That's still good for snow lovers, the last cold shot gave us 3 snow events 1 moderate and 2 light. Hopefully this does the same.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

The Euro is rain and warm on Christmas, so is the Canadian. They're not caving to the gfs. If you want to believe the gfs because it’s showing snow, that’s your right

The Euro has been shifting east and getting colder . You are just a warm troll. 

38 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Who ever said we were looking for a KU pattern ?  That pattern screams overrunning potential for a 7-10 day period beginning right after Christmas.   We know how much you hate the cold and that’s fine...but at least look at the models before posting.   You did that a few weeks ago with the NAM when it showed a low closer to the coast.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

How can you be certain exactly how the setup is going to look a week or more from today when the guidance has been horrible past 3 days this month so far ?

38 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Agree, 12/23 will be a cutter for sure but all the others potential storms could make things interesting.

Exactly, I have already written off this period. We do not live in Labrador. We always have warm intervals. Feb 15 was a freak month. I’ll take 7-10 day periods that deliver 8” of snow on 3 events any year. As long as the warm periods are transient.

6 minutes ago, doncat said:

^ Glad that 60° Christmas run is gone.

If you want the system after Christmas to be big, then you want the Christmas storm to cut well West and amplify the flow further.

I don't think the Christmas system has major potential. I could see it producing a few inches but I think the pattern behind that looks promising.

Just not enough cold air to work with preceeding the Christmas event. Not for the coast anyway.

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you want the system after Christmas to be big, then you want the Christmas storm to cut well West and amplify the flow further.

I don't think the Christmas system has major potential. I could see it producing a few inches but I think the pattern behind that looks promising.

Just not enough cold air to work with preceeding the Christmas event. Not for the coast anyway.

The Christmas storm would require a 100% perfect setup.  As of now it doesn’t even really qualify as wave on the Op euro.  It’s almost a challenged quasi late phasing Miller B

59 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Rain to snow for the coast

10 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Suppression.  I believe the snow will come when the pattern is about to relax.  Not sure why people are behaving like we are snow-starved and need it ASAP.  We just had 3 storms in one week and 6-10 inches lol.

18 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Off run gfs really rushes the cold front now, could be through before Christmas with no storm behind it. 

Main warm up happens on the 23rd with much colder air to follow, arctic air by the 26th.

Christmas is the transition day, expect the high to be in the wee hours and temperatures falling through the 40s during the day.

4 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Christmas is the transition day, expect the high to be in the wee hours and temperatures falling through the 40s during the day.

wow you can time this all out to the hour over 5 days in advance mile by mile - temp by temp - I am impressed.....

1 minute ago, NEG NAO said:

wow you can time this all out to the hour over 5 days in advance mile by mile - temp by temp - I am impressed.....

This is how it usually works.  Where did you see hour by hour?  It's a general statement.  On transition days the high is almost always in the early hours and temperatures drop throughout the day.  Anyone who gets into specifics at this range is foolish.

Archived