Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

5 hours ago, harrisale said:

The bottom really fell out overnight under clear skies, calm conditions and some fresh arctic air behind the clipper. 

-5F at 7am this morning!

Nice - gotta love those clear/calm/cold mornings.

12z Euro shows a 1040+ mb high over the Midwest on Day 10.  If we can get some good snow cover over the area before then, it could be a bit chilly for Santa.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was below zero at Alma and Big Rapids MI, this morning. I guess this is almost getting to be the time of year for it. Still, average lows are 18-21 degrees at this time of year.

By the way, GOES-16 is back and it is now in its eastern orbit. College of Dupage should have the GOES-16 page running soon.

https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

2 hours ago, Chinook said:

By the way, GOES-16 is back and it is now in its eastern orbit. College of Dupage should have the GOES-16 page running soon.

https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

I noticed that SSEC had -16 data up with the caveat that is preliminary and unofficial till the 18th.  CoD still does not. Are they waiting till the official date of the 18th?

BTW, I really like the True Color stretched RGB channel.

I also had some flakes here today. Was on the north side of the Fort today and got caught in a really nice burst of large flakes that lasted for about 10 minutes. I actually pulled over into a parking lot and just watched it for awhile. Meanwhile, a cool, blustery evening.

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

I'm really happy to see the warmup that the (lol) Euro was depicting previously isn't going to be anywhere near as bad.

Looks like a solid December.

Huh? Maybe not for you up there where there's a blanket of snow to keep a reign on temps, but:

This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Sunday
Rain likely after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday
A slight chance of drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 39.

Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Friday
Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Keep trolling the Euro Jon.

7 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Huh? Maybe not for you up there where there's a blanket of snow to keep a reign on temps, but:

This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Sunday
Rain likely after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday
A slight chance of drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 39.

Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Friday
Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Keep trolling the Euro Jon.

Bright side, we won't have anything to melt.  B)

49 minutes ago, Jonger said:

It's like mid winter today. High in the upper 20's, clouds... 9 inches of snowpack. Picked up a flukely inch or so today alone.

These patterns always pay off in Michigan.

You guys are on the wrong side of the lake.

You've been lucky to be north of the front over there. Torched to 40 here in Marshall under strong sun! A 7 deg bust by NWS. I miss the staying power of a NMI winter. Down here you score a 7-10 day stretch,  then POOF! spring happens overnight. Ground hasn't frozen since Feb 2015, LOL

3 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

You've been lucky to be north of the front over there. Torched to 40 here in Marshall under strong sun! A 7 deg bust by NWS. I miss the staying power of a NMI winter. Down here you score a 7-10 day stretch,  then POOF! spring happens overnight. Ground hasn't frozen since Feb 2015, LOL

Yea, living this far south does suck. Funny, I use the same term, "staying power".

At least you aren't at 600 ft near metro Detroit. Staying power not so good there.

We have about 8+ inches and its pure powder. The big question now is what will be left by the 25th. If the storms trend a tad south we could have over a foot..... if the 35 to 38F days take their toll and the storms go north, we could be looking at grass and patches on Christmas day.

Archived