joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-4 here.  A few sites nearby are already down to between -6 and -9.  MLI still torching at 1 above.  Winds are staying up just enough that areas that aren't sheltered relative to the wind direction are staying a bit warmer than other areas.  Black River Falls WI is already at -23 with calm winds, while all the nearby locations are 10 to 20 degrees warmer with some wind.

We're now down to 5 more days of 2017.  If the GFS is to be believed (which is probably not a good idea) MLI and DBQ will both have all-time least snowfall in a calendar year locked in.  <0.1" of QPF at both locations.  The 12z Euro wasn't much better, as it forecast around 0.1" at both sites.  That could fluff up to 2" though, and that would make it really close at MLI.  Still wouldn't be enough for DBQ though.  

39 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

-4 here.  A few sites nearby are already down to between -6 and -9.  MLI still torching at 1 above.  Winds are staying up just enough that areas that aren't sheltered relative to the wind direction are staying a bit warmer than other areas.  Black River Falls WI is already at -23 with calm winds, while all the nearby locations are 10 to 20 degrees warmer with some wind.

Congrats... I don't think I've ever seen somebody use the torch word for 1 degree.  

INL dropped to -36, breaking the old record of -32 set in 1924.

Dropped to -7 IMBY and -4 at ORD.  Although it remained clear all night, the winds never died down...as the center of the 1045mb high was still a bit too far west to maximize radiational cooling.  Lowest temp I could find in the LOT CWA is -10 at DeKalb.

INL dropped to -36, breaking the old record of -32 set in 1924. Dropped to -7 IMBY and -4 at ORD.  Although it remained clear all night, the winds never died down...as the center of the 1045mb high was still a bit too far west to maximize radiational cooling.  Lowest temp I could find in the LOT CWA is -10 at DeKalb.  

-15 at ARR on the 13z ob. RPJ -14 at 1315 VYS -12

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Dropped to -7 IMBY and -4 at ORD.  Although it remained clear all night, the winds never died down...as the center of the 1045mb high was still a bit too far west to maximize radiational cooling.  Lowest temp I could find in the LOT CWA is -10 at DeKalb.

I only managed -27.  I will take these mornings over -15 and 20mph winds and clouds any day though.

2 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Yeah, per 5 min obs winds stayed between 7-10 mph the whole time after 10 pm.

Archived