Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

February is not much of a snow month like January to me. Punting January would be a disaster. Of course we have some wild cards like another disruption in the Polar Vortex, Strong negative EPO along with the MJO. 

The weeklies are the MJO prog per my understanding.  February is the premiere snow period for many areas.

11 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

He can't show the weeklies so he's showing analogs that look like the weeklies in the week 5 and 6 range. I think his analogs look warmer than the actual weeklies but whatever. 

Right, I did not see that as an analog for the entire month. I'll take Jan 2011 though. Some good years here in that suite. 

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Panic if you’re threatened with your imminent demise.  Failing that pour 2 fingers of bourbon and pay attention to the pros on this bb.

18Z GFS is a much better reflection of what should happen around Christmas if that 5h pattern is correct. Absolutely had the trough too far west at 12 Z. 1980s can kiss my ass.

28 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z NAM brings the clipper north again and stronger with a stronger H5 vort max, originating from our disturbance that is coming onshore of BC, Canada right now

I gotta be honest James....whenever you say anything lately, it’s really hard to take you seriously.  You interpreting skills are poor at best. Stop with the fantasy goggles...and really try to look objectively at whatever the heck it is your looking at?  

Archived