Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Everyone should kick back, enjoy the pattern that we haven’t had in several years, embrace the chase and keep picking on Kevin emoji12.png

wrong ... 

we've been dealt this high compression/gradient western ridge, eastern trough pomp and circumstance, to limited and quite infuriating (to winter enthusiasts) avail for very frequently over the last two years running... and we are descending again into the same circumstance in the larger circulation characteristic.  Which is to to say...  

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

wrong ... 

we've been dealt this high compression western ridge, eastern trough pomp and circumstance, to limited and quite infuriating (to winter enthusiasts) avail for very frequently over the last two years running... and we are descending again into the same circumstance in the larger circulation characteristic.   

Not in December.  The last several December’s have been torchy.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Growing signal for brief relaxation around 12/20-22.   Reload clearly signaled so if we warm up it’s short lived.  Also, there might be a nice storm chance then if things go right.  But we could have a day or 2 of shades drawn.

Grinch it up. The relaxation has been showing up before another reload.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Perhaps ... but, the poster said "in years" ... 

either way, the essence of what he/she meant is not a "sit back and enjoy" pattern -  also, it's been plaguing for years. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

perhaps we should pay close attention to a 'relaxation' period for an event, too - 

They'll likely be something. And then we reload after 22 or so. Hopefully in time for a Christmas blizzard.

Maybe if we are lucky, our relaxation will be like 2015. Our "relaxation" was a long duration snow while DC was 70. :lol: . But I wouldn't bet on a cold locked pattern for weeks on end starting in early Dec either.

53 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Two years would be plural as in more than one

Ha... riight. 

thing is... this high compression/super gradient look has been in place many, many ...many times, dominating the patterns ... and in fact, it's been happening at times when the pattern if flatter in appeal, too - that's the smoking gun for me that it's not just about hemispheric cold destablization/mass balancing that's causing it, but something perhaps more endemic to the system.

Hmm, wonder what such an unhealthiness could be - gee. 

Tongue-in-cheek aside, I get the feeling that by perhaps some subtle degree of variance, there's perhaps 2 to 5 DM of surplus heights at the end of summers ...planetary in scope... and since the polarward latitudes are still not too far gone over the kilter of this climate change schit ... what we end up with is a 'squeezed' look as the heights descend at higher latitudes.  

It's an eye-roller if not head scratcher because anyone willing to think outside the box and speculate, even if from a cogent perspective and objectively, society would rather stick their head in the sand by casting said individual into the ranks of pariah. 

The ancients new...  "Weather" the story of Noah is true or not ( <_<  )  ...that bit about the masses gathering in throngs of ridiculing heretic outside the Ark as the  thunder was beginning to rumble, ...those proportions are essentially a very good metaphor for what's going on now with all this.  It's amazing that we are all doomed, really...yet we carry about our lives in private frustration over issues that are by comparison, utterly irrelevant.  I liken it to: the ballast of humanity is standing around on the railroad track of destiny, and the iron is beginning to whir beneath their feet, and instead of moving off the tracks, we toil, war, and frustrate, and pop-culturally negotiate what color shoes we are wearing to the occasion.  

Sorry to use you as a sounding board for a middle aged crank in the midst of an existential dilemma, but you're all f'ed whether you believe it or not ;)  

Ha... riight. 

thing is... this high compression/super gradient look has been in place many, many ...many times, dominating the patterns ... and in fact, it's been happening at times when the pattern if flatter in appeal, too - that's the smoking gun for me that it's not just about hemispheric cold destablization/mass balancing that's causing it, but something perhaps more endemic to the system.

Hmm, wonder what such an unhealthiness could be - gee. 

Tongue-in-cheek aside, I get the feeling that by perhaps some subtle degree of variance, there's perhaps 2 to 5 DM of surplus heights at the end of summers ...planetary in scope... and since the polarward latitudes are still not too far gone over the kilter of this climate change schit ... what we end up with is a 'squeezed' look as the heights descend at higher latitudes.  

It's an eye-roller if not head scratcher because anyone willing to think outside the box and speculate, even if from a cogent perspective and objectively, society would rather stick their head in the sand by casting said individual into the ranks of pariah. 

The ancients new...  "Weather" the story of Noah is true or not ( <_ ...that bit about the masses gathering in throngs of ridiculing heretic outside ark thunder was beginning to rumble ...those proportions are essentially a very good metaphor for what going on now with all this. it amazing that we doomed really...yet carry our lives private frustration over issues by comparison irrelevant. i liken to: ballast humanity is standing around railroad track destiny and iron whir beneath their feet instead moving off tracks toil war frustrate pop-culturally negotiate color shoes wearing occasion.>
Sorry to use you as a sounding board for a middle aged crank in the midst of an existential dilemma, but you're all f'ed whether you believe it or not   

As a middle aged Man myself who is dealing with the life changing challenges of graying hair, a receding hair line, ever expanding waistline, and lying awake at night contemplating whether or not to take the blue pill (can it really last longer than four hours?....awesome) all I was trying to say was we have all the pieces on the board for great potential this year and we should all enjoy that. And by the way...shoe color is very important

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What is thistalk of a warm , rains to Maine storm after Monday night snowstorm? No more locked in cold pattern thru holiday? 

you are literally the first person to talk about it. not one single poster said anything about rains to Maine.

others are talking about a brief relaxation around 12/22.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I keep reading comments like this, look at my data, and scratch my head.  Maybe it's just  a location thing, or maybe nightmares about the mega-torch of Dec. 2015.  The past 5 Decembers here have averaged 22.4F, which is 0.2F above my 19-year average.

2012    23.5
2013    15.6  (My coldest Dec here)
2014    25.0
2015    29.7   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
2016    18.4

Archived