• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

My gut still tells me its going to be a while before we get a big event....that system next week just strikes me as too disjointed for too long.

Again, ridiculously early, and well worth watching, but just my opinion.

Just drawing upon past experiences with situations like this, and it also fits with the timeline laid out in my outlook.

NNE...especially Maine, different story.

Nice trend tonight, though.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 512high said:

Way too early too cancel winter! Hold tight......................

9 minutes ago, 512high said:

Way too early too cancel winter! Hold tight......................

Oh I agree, it’s just that a lot of winters seem to have personalities and they want to repeat the same behaviors all the way through (the overly dominant northern jet that won’t let anything develop near the coast, the recurrent SE ridge that turns every storm into a runner, the screaming pac jet that won’t let the cold air out of Canada, etc) Exceptions excluded of course :)

6 minutes ago, JBinStoughton said:

Oh I agree, it’s just that a lot of winters seem to have personalities and they want to repeat the same behaviors all the way through. Exceptions excluded of course :)

I bet that’s what you were thinking 10 days into the good pattern in mid January 2015...

7 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My gut still tells me its going to be a while before we get a big event....that system next week just strikes me as too disjointed for too long.

Again, ridiculously early, and well worth watching, but just my opinion.

Just drawing upon past experiences with situations like this, and it also fits with the timeline laid out in my outlook.

NNE...especially Maine, different story.

Nice trend tonight, though.

Of course ,  early December blockbusters are not all that common . Why Bet against climo...

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Information overload nowadays. I’m gonna cutout garbage and just analyze the top dogs. Try my best to not look at snow maps too, though that is tough I admit.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Information overload nowadays. I’m gonna cutout garbage and just analyze the top dogs. Try my best to not look at snow maps too, though that is tough I admit.

FWIW-navgem formerly known as NOGAPS is a big hit this weekend.

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Euro/GFS are pretty boring for W MA if you like snowy scenarios and unfortunately that combo kind of trumps the others but I like your enthusiasm.  

:santa:

pretty much.  wake me in a week if there's anything noteworthy.  meanwhile, ill enjoy my seasons in seasons chill.

57 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Of course ,  early December blockbusters are not all that common . Why Bet against climo...

We had a decent one in early 90's in S ORH county of heavy wet snow; brought down a lot of tree limbs. I remember driving that night dodging falling trees/limbs, good times! 

Archived