Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gfs found every way it could to beat us out of any snow. Odd because that never happens around here. :ph34r:

Lol, yeah, that was a funny run.  Could happen, but I think we at least get a little something measurable before the 15th.  

^Unless the models are really effing with us, this upcoming period will be like nothing we have seen in many years for the first third of met winter, at least. I suppose we could totally strike out and have a bunch of cold/dry periods with rain during briefly milder stretches. But the consistently excellent look up top argues strongly against it. It will snow.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I saw. There is more than the occasional -NAO. There are +height anomalies in the NAO domain almost the entire run. Its wicked good.

New Cansips out tonight.  If it starts the forecast with its ensembles, December at least will be cold, but I'm more interested in what it shows for January and February. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

New Cansips out tonight.  If it starts the forecast with its ensembles, December at least will be cold, but I'm more interested in what it shows for January and February. 

Crap I forgot about the CanSIPS. Yeah it will be pretty interesting to see what the ens think the back half of winter might have in store.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Crap I forgot about the CanSIPS. Yeah it will be pretty interesting to see what the ens think the back half of winter might have in store.

Recall the last run of Euro monthlies showed winter over come the first of February. Sure would be nice to pull another 13/14 around here. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived