• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Landia_Copeland
    Newest Member
    Landia_Copeland

Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

Heavy sleet now here in Midlothian.  I'm hoping it means we're about to flip to snow for the final burst.  My wife is dying for a day off tomorrow (Henrico public schools). 

49 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Heavy sleet now here in Midlothian.  I'm hoping it means we're about to flip to snow for the final burst.  My wife is dying for a day off tomorrow (Henrico public schools). 

Yep sleet is coming down pretty hard over here. Flakes still MIA

Finally flipped back to sleet here too a while ago after a deluge of rain over night with temps. getting to 35 today. Back to the freezing mark now. May not get the snow day tomorrow, but I am off from work for several more  days most likely. The hubby and eye have been cursed with Pink Eye. Thank goodness we have a reliable crew to keep our business going while we suffer from home. Never had this crap before and it is annoying!!

12z Jan 14 Euro

at ORF

1/20 - 1p - 63F

1/20 - 7p -  28F
1/21 - 7a - 13F

I've lived here my whole life and I thought and I had seen everything possible other than a Cat. 3 hurricane but I have never seen a 50 degree temp change in 18 hours. Will be interesting to see if it verifies. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, eaglesin2011 said:

pos flash freeze next weekend...

Today’s models kinda lost that, maybe it will bounce back.

on another note the hype on social media for this weekend storm is off the rails. Midlantic is pretty much shut out I think. I don’t get it.

Huh?  I'm talking about the rain then big drop in temps to a Flash freeze.  THE MODLES for this area have yet to really show a chance for much snow for the weekend system. At least so far.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Huh?  I'm talking about the rain then big drop in temps to a Flash freeze.  THE MODLES for this area have yet to really show a chance for much snow for the weekend system. At least so far.. 

Yeah I got that that’s why i said on another note. I was wondering if flash freeze also meant roads will get slick etc.

In general just seems a lot of hyping and memes etc about this storm north of us on FB and Twitter etc and looks more wet than white for many.

Hopefully, we can pull a 12/13/10 type deal and get a frontal passage 1-2". Otherwise, maybe we'll get a wind chill advisory come Sunday night/Monday?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Model runs a bit more bullish for Tuesday late, into Wednesday pre dawn. I don’t think a WWA is out of the question especially just north and west of Richmond Proper. And then fairly brutal cold for a few days sets in.

6 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Cmon nothin??? Lol. GFS and FV3 drops at couple inches of snow tomorrow night. Thoughts?

Will gladly take it. Friday might be interesting too. 

• Like 1

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

Will gladly take it. Friday might be interesting too. 

Short term models are very warm so interesting to see how this plays out for tomorrow evening AND what 12z Euro looks like. CMC warm also. Haven’t looked at Fri much. Will do so later on.

Just now, wasnow215 said:

Short term models are very warm so interesting to see how this plays out for tomorrow evening AND what 12z Euro looks like. CMC warm also. Haven’t looked at Fri much. Will do so later on.

Thermals will definitely be an issue. We'll see how it pans out. 

• Like 1

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

Less than 1 inch on 18Z NAM and 3K

Like I said earlier, it’s GFS n FV3 against the rest lol. I will say I’ve never known the 3k NAM handle these types of scenarios well. Consistently too warm. Euro was kinda weak also tho. I’m riding the FV3!! Lol #weeniealert

1 minute ago, wasnow215 said:

Like I said earlier, it’s GFS n FV3 against the rest lol. I will say I’ve never known the 3k NAM handle these types of scenarios well. Consistently too warm. Euro was kinda weak also tho. I’m riding the FV3!! Lol #weeniealert

Will be ecstatic if we can somehow squeeze how 1-2"

• Like 1

I had a forecasted high of 51 today, but only reached 48.  Starting to drop now that the rain has started.  Here's to hoping we get to see at least a little bit of snow before it all ends. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I had a forecasted high of 51 today, but only reached 48.  Starting to drop now that the rain has started.  Here's to hoping we get to see at least a little bit of snow before it all ends. 

45° here in Glen Allen. Forecasted high was 49°

1 hour ago, RVASnowLover said:

Here's to hoping we get about an half inch

eh up to 47 here in my part of Glen Allen with light rain.. prob more time to top out in the next hour or 2 before the drop.. cant see much snow..   who knows even if we will get much ice depending on how fast the precip moves out