• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

Man I hope we can get something here too eagles2011. Last night's models were not comforting, but goodness knows we've watched areas to our north win in these kinds of setups time and time again! Would be nice to be the "northern" overachievers for once!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Well me might of been just jinxed .... Roads getting BRINE put down already :facepalm:

They did that yesterday morning up here in NVA which seemed like the K.O.D.  Hopefully y’all don’t suffer a similar fate :)

Well verbatim the latest NAM has around 7 inches in RIC. Sharp cutoff with about 3 inches in Ashland and then nothing north of Hanover. 

• Like 1

Got a map ... didn't see it... Would like to see at least an advisory pop up soon.. Def looks like it's going to move across  sooner then later

Ha we can only wish... I would keep an early eye on the Knoxville TN area if decent precipitation/snow gets North of there it should be a good sign for our area.. Hopefully we can hold onto the cold air snow/mix line is going to be key...

With the new model data... I would expect an advisory at least, should be coming out around the noon hour  today for this area.  Even if it's a mix for a period of time...

I like the trends on the models today. I think 3-5" is a solid bet for the RIC metro area which is not a bad way to start the winter. Been a frustrating week, never seems to be a slam dunk for this area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

where are you bums!  Euro looks good for you guys!  Came north with heavier stuff

Lol! You didn’t see my crude map??? I’m here!!

Yeah, with that tick north on the Euro, I expected the local mets to interrupt programming.  Guess they are waiting until 6:00.  Assume Wakefield is waiting for 2:00 but Henrico/RIC has to be watch material now.

49 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

Were still worried about precip type issues that's what.  :P 

This ice threat scares me

7 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

STILL not even a winter weather warning for the Richmond area yet... ha..a joke guess they will wait till 5pm

They provided a late morning update, but of course, that was before all the midday runs were finished. Typically the afternoon package is sent between 3-5pm, so I wouldn't expect too much before then. Either way, I think we can make our own forecast with the information we have access to. AKQ is very conservative and typically catch up as we go along.