Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

12 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

haha. You got it all wrong. Am I snow weenie? Heck yes! But I’m realistic that this is Richmond and around here you have to take whatever you get. 

I was being kinda sarcastic..  We all know it takes a village to get a decent snow here..

Talk to me when it's actually snowing/exceeded the amount on the long range Lol

Not gonna be fun looking at the radar for the next day or so.. It's gonna look something like this for this area.  Just getting fringed & missing most if not all of the good precip.

This current one now, looks like a runner sprinting away from our area .lol

F Dry air .lol :facepalm:

Let the radar hallucinations begin :drunk:

Screenshot_20220128-080904-461.png

It's more where the storm is developing and yet again we are right in the middle of the two storms. So dry air is what is the killer again as the Main storm transfers over to the coast..

We could get lucky if we get a good band to hit but the models have all been showing the transfer point for the snow right around this area .  Owell enjoy the pics from the north/coast  if none of you are heading that way 

24 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

0.5 or less..   we are mostly going to miss the pre coastal snow (north and west)  and the coastal won't develop in time for us (east of us) 

Could be right. 3K NAM is showing Richmond getting dry slotted. Just in a bad spot. Too far away from the ULL and too far from the coastal. Finding ways to miss out. Don’t want to hear a word from 757 people how they miss out. They are under winter storm warnings…again

Actually, splitting hairs Hampton is  under a warning, Newport News  is  under an advisory. Models really  dried  up last  night but  this  morning the  short range  models are  showing  3-6, 12K nam 6-8 and even the normally  dry  3K is showing  4-6. Hopefully i can eke  out  3.