Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

12 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

You all are getting worse then the northern crews over analyzing these runs days in advance ....

How about enjoy getting maybe 3 events by the end of the month..

RIC has been screwed so far this year, either too far south on 1/3, 1/6, and 1/16 to potentially being too far N & W on 1/21.

If this was the first event, I'd be inclined to agree. However, 3" is nothing compared to what's happened just N & W and now it looks like there will be a miss S & E. We can do a lot better than 3" at the most climatologically favorable time of the year. Oh and by the way, the pattern, although not perfect, is decent for a Nina. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RIC Airport said:

RIC has been screwed so far this year, either too far south on 1/3, 1/6, and 1/16 to potentially being too far N & W on 1/21.

If this was the first event, I'd be inclined to agree. However, 3" is nothing compared to what's happened just N & W and now it looks like there will be a miss S & E. We can do a lot better than 3" at the most climatologically favorable time of the year. Oh and by the way, the pattern, although not perfect, is decent for a Nina. 

This!!

3 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

To be fair I'm far from out so to speak for Rochmond. Just not a huge fan of the continued south east slide.

Agree. Not throwing in the towel yet but as of now at least, this is looking like a Hampton Roads special and we get fringed. Things can change but as of now that’s how it’s looking 

6 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

The snow maps didn’t look like much an improvement but overhead there was an improvement on the gfs

About an inch more for RVA compared to 18z by snow depth US weather maps. Blend with models across the pond and I think good chance plowable snow. 50/50 at this point.