Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

10 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Not helping that the storm is moving in a northeast direction.. Dosnt matter anyway we are still in the 40s 

Better then getting a severe flash freeze in the morning

Prob will still get a little backfill from the ocean moisture later right b4 it pulls away

Agree. Maybe we get quick burst or snow on the backend but that’s about it. I’m looking more towards middle of January. Still strong signals of a potential storm 

• Like 3

Yeah, we may miss out on the next one too but models are showing a sign of a big event around the 18th-25th timeframe.. Still just about 2 weeks away so, it's still fantasy land but more favorable conditions seem to be setting up later this month.

Looks like the classic appetizer ( that this area probably will miss out on) followed by a bigger event that maybe cashed in by many ..

We will see ... I'll be more excited this time next week, if it's still there.

1 hour ago, JB Fins said:

Yeah, we never do well with these and I was surprised by school delay in Henrico just based on forecast.  I had some dandruff on my grill cover this morning but that was the only evidence I saw that anything occurred.

Nope, we never do well when precip has to make it over the mountains, rain or snow. 

26 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Wonder how much rain / sleet was still showing mixed in the 12z? ;)

But yes, Its setting up at really good time if everything sets into place .... I still think appetiser comes through first... Maybe this is it? :drunk:

What were you thinking the appetizer was?

Looks like RIC reached 20°F this morning, the 2nd coldest of the season. 

I am happy to finally get bona fide winter cold. It will be interesting to see whether it stays below 32°F on Tuesday. AKQ is going with only 30°F at RIC for a high under full sun.

Prior to last February's ice storms, the last time RIC stayed below below freezing was on 1/31/2019. This 742 consecutive day stretch, was the longest on record. The 1991-2020 period of record had an average of 5 days with a high temperature of 32°F or below, with 1996 featuring the most at 17 days. 2020 and 2012 did not have any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIC Airport said:

It would come at the most climatologically favorable time of the year. I feel very optimistic for RIC given the advertised pattern. Even as we look at the map below and seeing being just a bit too far south for the last couple of events. 

266241787_956764028287453_2405721800422619456_n.jpg

Agree. I like the pattern setup we’re going to be in. Hopefully we take advantage 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

I have been thinking this whole time we would miss out on the next one and that it would set up something bigger down the road .. 

Guess we will have to wait and see.. Looks like allot of action either way over the next few weeks

The Euro is a suppressed, weaker version of the Canadian but we get something out of it. Maybe it’s the appetizer?