• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Agreed, it's nice to have winter look and feel like winter once in a while.  Wish I were home and could use some of the firewood up.  Fingers crossed for more opportunities, they are always complicated setups for us.  

Once, I would like us to be in the bullseye a few days out and remain there or have the storm south enough so when it does inevitably trend north, we reap the benefits.

Update, sun peaking through that clouds just a bit now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Pretty cool storm after temps in the 70s. Took a little too long for the changeover to happen. Some snow is better than none. Next threat could be as soon as Thursday night but as of now that’s looking like a complicated setup 

It's snowing here on the coast in Currituck NC. Just hours ago we had severe storms with intense lightning. A pretty impressive system. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Agreed, it's nice to have winter look and feel like winter once in a while.  Wish I were home and could use some of the firewood up.  Fingers crossed for more opportunities, they are always complicated setups for us.  

Once, I would like us to be in the bullseye a few days out and remain there or have the storm south enough so when it does inevitably trend north, we reap the benefits.

Update, sun peaking through that clouds just a bit now.

Yes!! So hard to get big snows here. Hard to get the cold and precip to match up. Would be nice to be in the bullseye and it verify. Just to note too, the GFS did horrible with this storm. Wayyyyyy overdone 

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

Yes!! So hard to get big snows here. Hard to get the cold and precip to match up. Would be nice to be in the bullseye and it verify. Just to note too, the GFS did horrible with this storm. Wayyyyyy overdone 

That’s because it counts sleet as snow on the maps right?

Anyways, saying goodbye to the last band of snow.

29 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Worked for 13 hours today. The retail food place I lead was one of the few “games in town” haha w so many closed cuz of snow. Just now being able to catch up on this thread. Good storm. 

Soooo many places closed today because of the snow. One of my friends couldn’t even get their Instacart order. First world problems I guess 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see only 1”, maybe slightly less. But let’s see what the 18z HRRR says. :weenie:

Very possible. Well have to see if the precip can make it over the mountains. Usually drys up once it makes over the mountains. 18Z HRRR gives us about 2”. The 18z 3K NAM gives us very little because it’s warm and keeps most of the precip as rain. We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, RVASnowLover said:

Very possible. Well have to see if the precip can make it over the mountains. Usually drys up once it makes over the mountains. 18Z HRRR gives us about 2”. The 18z 3K NAM gives us very little because it’s warm and keeps most of the precip as rain. We’ll see. 

Has definitely decreased the totals this evening it seems.

2 hours ago, RIC Airport said:

I'm more interested in the LR. Euro has a storm next weekend and the GFS has one the week of MLK Day. At least the 12z suite. Still looks colder and active for a time. 

Agree. Next system does nothing for me. Mid January looks very interesting but again we’ll see 

Sux 3/4 of the storm is going to be rain/mix in this area... Already in the 50s here..

Gonna be painful with the radar Hallucinations and watch the storm head north right when we drop enough in temp.

Really gonna need to get lucky and hit a heavy band to get anything of significance with this one, especially with the marginal temps while the main precip is in the area.

Maybe one day we will get an all snow big event! Just allot has to come together at once to make that happen.

Guess 2 events in one week is kinda cool...especially how warm it has gotten right before each storm.

Anything more then a dusting is a bonus with this one, in this area IMO.