• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Would be nice if we can catch a heavy band of snow before the turnover like the one in Nashville TN at the moment.

Of course that may only make things worse ...if we again get snow ,sleet ,and freezing rain on top of it all..

Definitely gonna be interesting. I really believe  we are going to be in for a sleet fest once the turnover happens for a few hours at least.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB Fins said:

I had enough sleet in 2003 (PDII) or was that (PDIII) to last my entire life.  5" of pure what can only be described as concrete.

2 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I’ve never seen any heavy sleet accumulation in my remember-able lifetime. Is it bad?

It was PD II. Both are bad in their own way. You just won't get the massive power outages with sleet. During PD II, RIC was 20°F during the height of the event. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Would be nice if we can catch a heavy band of snow before the turnover like the one in Nashville TN at the moment.

Of course that may only make things worse ...if we again get snow ,sleet ,and freezing rain on top of it all..

Definitely gonna be interesting. I really believe  we are going to be in for a sleet fest once the turnover happens for a few hours at least.. 

Little Rock has 16" on the ground after the 7.5 more inches fell there today. They just had their version of Richmond in January 1987. 

Back then, RIC had two snowstorms three days apart, a snow depth of a foot plus for like a week and temperatures that dropped below 0°F one day

1616667479_Screenshot2021-02-17182537.thumb.jpg.b714b5828d8ee1435fd8527a750b2c59.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sernest14 said:

Yeah definitely not good for them, looked to me that RIC metro and points west and north seem to have .15”-.25 cut

Right now it’s on its own with that so take with a grain a salt. NAM also may be seeing more sleet for us so that would cut back on totals. I haven’t seen a NAM sleet map 

• Like 1

Already hitting a dry patch radar pretty scattered at the moment..That's prob a good thing since it's mainly freezing rain /sleet at the moment with a few flakes mixed in every now and then .

Will see how long it takes to fill back in but any low like this is a good thing.. 

Looks like a decent low tho until 8am or so...

Screenshot_20210218-065341_Samsung Internet.jpg