• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Looking at GFS and does anyone else feel like this is the most “right on the line” stretch we’ve ever seen in the RVA metro? Look we are always a battleground but seems like every storm threat this winter the models paint a cutoff almost right over the city. Kind of infuriating to be honest. Would like to just get one solid snowstorm in here from start to finish

• Like 3

Hopefully we can get some more cold air in faster, definitely could be a nasty ice storm over the weekend...

The line normally sets up pretty much like this IMO east to west..To bad it wasnt 2 degrees colder/sooner could of had a nice storm.

At least it looks like we will now have snow tv, instead of rain for the rest of this storm . Prob over about 2pm.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Hopefully we can get some more cold air in faster, definitely could be a nasty ice storm over the weekend...

The line normally sets up pretty much like this IMO east to west..To bad it wasnt 2 degrees colder/sooner could of had a nice storm.

At least it looks like we will now have snow tv, instead of rain for the rest of this storm . Prob over about 2pm.

Today could've easily been a solid 3-6 if we were just a little colder. 

Plenty of time for things to change for next Sunday. It would be nice to already have cold air in place and not be on the line. 

• Like 1

Feel like next 2 weeks will make or break our winter here. It’s obviously better than last year and we’ve had plenty to track but right now we are sitting at approx 5-6 inches of total snowfall region wide, or about 50% of average. Models a little frustrating as they keep the bulk of the snow to our north over this upcoming period. Need that to change and to get the cold air further into our area. Really hope we can get something good in here over next 14 days 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

There’s a little trend going on on the euro. Tick south and a little colder each run. Could just be a temporary thing. Well see 

Was just gonna post about it. Looks like by looking at 850’s and then surface temps, this thing starts late WEDNESDAY as light ice and then 4-6” of snow by noon Friday. Most of the snow falling overnight Thursday into Friday morning. Again by 12z Euro only I’m talking. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Was just gonna post about it. Looks like by looking at 850’s and then surface temps, this thing starts late WEDNESDAY as light ice and then 4-6” of snow by noon Friday. Most of the snow falling overnight Thursday into Friday morning. Again by 12z Euro only I’m talking. 

Saw that which I honestly would gladly take. Some of the weenies on the main thread make me laugh. They want storms to go south just so it can go north.  They think every storm is going to go north when it’s south of them. Sometimes that does happen but not always 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Saw that which I honestly would gladly take. Some of the weenies on the main thread make me laugh. They want storms to go south just so it can go north.  They think every storm is going to go north when it’s south of them. Sometimes that does happen but not always 

In my early days of this hobby would actually put stock in that silliness haha. One thing real interesting is seems like temps won’t be an issue especially late Thursday into Friday. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

In my early days of this hobby would actually put stock in that silliness haha. One think real interesting is seems like temps won’t be an issue especially late Thursday into Friday. 

Haha yeah I did too but there’s no such thing.   Hopefully we won’t have temp issues with this one. Per the euro, Friday doesn’t get above freezing and Thursday is around 32 most of the day 

• Like 1

As depicted with the euro at 12 Z it was a half an inch of ice starting very late Wednesday or early Thursday, and ending up as 5 to 10 inches of snow from south east to Northwest in the Richmond metro area. One reason I think it’s possible is because we are so close to the event it’s not like it’s 7-8 days out.

• Like 1