• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Well, if anybody can bring us some luck, it's a post from Midlo.

Hate waking up to the WWA, it's like making the JV Basketball Team or going to the prom with your cousin.  

Holding out hope the short range models are on to something and get us in warning criteria.

• Like 1

Yeah trying to be positive here but after 40 years in this neck of the woods my fear is this is yet another one of those WAA snows that produces a shield of snow that runs basically 30-50 miles north of us for hours while we have the cold temps. Then by the time the precip sinks down to RIC the cold temps are heading out and we go from snow to sleet to rain way too quickly. We need to get in on the long sustained period of WAA snows from the start to make this work. But man that’s tough to do with our climo I fear. Oh well. Hope springs eternal. 4 inches and a dry slot and I’d call it a win

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

I assume most of if not all is front end snow? Do you have the breakdown

Cant say I can believe them bigger totals here...unless we get some back end snow, or if we somehow dont change over here as long.

Some of it is back end snow but not sure how much. It puts the coastal low right off the VA Beach coast which would work for us 

18 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

The RGEM nukes Maryland with almost 40" of snow.  Not saying it's impossible, but we can probably toss that. 

However, it's still good to see some models showing a better L location for us and letting us get in on that Sunday. 

Yeah can toss 40 for Maryland. It’s possible for us to get 10-12 if we can get the back end snow 

18z NAM 3k is ugly. Lucky to get an inch.  not as amped on the initial thump and temps are higher than what we’ve seen. 

Per pivotal- just checked TT and that looks more in line with other models.  No idea how the algorithms are so far off for the same model?