Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Just now, wasnow215 said:

You mean for Sun/Mon. It’s not bad for overnight tonight and it’s been bad pretty much the whole time for Sun/Mon. Again GFS vs Euro at 96-120 hours? I wouldn’t bet against Euro. I think the GFS is missing something but we will know soon enough huh?

Yeah for Sun/Monday - essentially ends precipitation Sunday evening 7pm with just about all rain.  image.png.796cafbd4b05bd26047c4d3e76e581f3.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, benjammin said:

The funny thing is with this system is it hasn't been the NAM that's producing the large totals.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s been the GFS. If it’s right and Danville and parts of NC get 8-12 inches then I’ll start giving it respect 

2 minutes ago, Sernest14 said:

Yeah for Sun/Monday - essentially ends precipitation Sunday evening 7pm with just about all rain.  image.png.796cafbd4b05bd26047c4d3e76e581f3.png

Agreed but again it’s been bad the whole time. Is there a GFS run the last 6 runs that has shown good snow for RVA for Sun/Mon? But yes would want to see it come aboard fairly soon. 

2 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Precip inching it's way to Richmond.  I'm down to 36 at my house in Midlothian.  Would love to stay up late enough to see a flake or three, and hopefully wake up to a mostly white ground in the morning. 

I'll probably be up for the EURO just because... hope to see some flakes too. Here's to hoping waking up to snow on the ground. 

• Like 2

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

00z GFS was bad. Mainly rain, maybe a little snow at the beginning. Again, the primary  goes all the way into Ohio.

Look at hour 78 compared with 84 from 18z. It’s a step. Again it’s SO different than the other models. Something has to give and I have a hard time believing it’s going to be all the other ones.

1 minute ago, RVAman said:

Been here a little while without posting, figured I'd stay up and have a few cold ones to watch this one unfold. Anyone reporting any flurries yet in the west side? Radar looks really well filled in Powhatan.

Not quite... I might go to bed for this one. Or I won’t. I have nowhere to be tomorrow anyway. I’ll let you know, it won’t be long, or it might, who knows.

• Like 1

Just now, Rhino16 said:

Not quite... I might go to bed for this one. Or I won’t. I have nowhere to be tomorrow anyway. I’ll let you know, it won’t be long, or it might, who knows.

Well I'm here for casual weather chatting either way buddy. Hopefully these cold ones are rewarded with a snow dance in a little bit. 

• Like 2