Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

52 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Anyone ells in the area .. Here the real big thunder/ lightning strike last night at 4am>?.. Was the loudest one I heard in awhile.. Curious to know where the lightning strike exactly was.

Don't expect much but ice/sleet on Sat Morning but looks like a snow should be coming soon in the next few weeks.

Looks like it was somewhere in Chesterfield county. 

Agree for Saturday. Maybe a brief period of snow/sleet in the beginning, mostly rain. 

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

yeah the last nam some pitty snow just about into the Richmond area... Yes, I know its its the nam.. If we can just cant a few more bumps north could pull off a little something... Still two days away but, again its now only 2 days away.. LOL :snowwindow:

qpf_024h.us_ma (1).png

I'm curious to see what the midday models show. The NAM really likes Thursday, others not so much. The latest EURO had nothing. See what the models show today. 

15 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Well the GFS is pretty much in agreement with the Nam.. nice jump north..hmmm

Did it go north? Or does it have more precip on the northern end of it? Comparing the 6z to 12z on TT, the lows look to be in similar locations, maybe a slight bump north. Could be my old eyes though. 

1 minute ago, RVASnowLover said:

So its UK/EURO vs GFS/NAM/CMC. Want to be hopeful but it's hard to go against the UK and EURO when they are in agreement. We'll see. 

I think Richmond is right on the line of steady light snow, so my opinion I wouldnt expect much there...But pending on model runs tonight If I lived in Richmond Id be willing to chase to the Raleigh-Wilson-Greenville corridor. If it goes down, that should be the best spot to see the most snow

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I think Richmond is right on the line of steady light snow, so my opinion I wouldnt expect much there...But pending on model runs tonight If I lived in Richmond Id be willing to chase to the Raleigh-Wilson-Greenville corridor. If it goes down, that should be the best spot to see the most snow

Yeah, we'll see what the models show tonight. These things tend to go north at least a little, not expecting a big jump north, but I could see a little north trend. 

• Like 1