Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

11 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Could be a situation where someone in RVA north and west of 95 gets mostly snow and 2 miles SE all sleet.

I personally think you are going to have to be in areas like Louisa, Powhatan, Goochland to stay all snow. Those areas favor all snow more than RIC in these type of systems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Bigger flakes now here in my part of Glen Allen just started to Accumulate again....could be a sign sleet on the way.. ha .. will see..

Higher rates can mean a flip to sleet may happen soon. Would be nice if you could stay snow. Would make my daughter happy. She and the hubby lives in the Glenn Allen area.  At least for now. They are moving to NOVA next month in the Gainesville area. 

7 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

Higher rates can mean a flip to sleet may happen soon. Would be nice if you could stay snow. Would make my daughter happy. She and the hubby lives in the Glenn Allen area.  At least for now. They are moving to NOVA next month in the Gainesville area. 

yep I know... pouring down snow now... more snow has accumulated here in the last 10 mins then we had here  all night .. deck finally officially covered....   guess it will flip in the next 10 mins.. ha (hopefully it was just because of the good rates moving in)  

looks like its still snowing at VCU so that's good

https://ramcam.vcu.edu/monroe-park.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

Nice choice in Gainesville.  Been here 20 years.  Grown a lot and we often do better with snow compared to Glen Allen.  Except December of 2018 of course. 

Didn't even get my crusty inch....I would call it a healthy dusting. :thumbsdown: Rain.  Euro pretty consistent with showing us getting in on the wrap around action later today into the evening.  6z snow map shows 2 inches at RIC between 7 and 10 PM.  Doubt that will be the ground truth but at least more wintry than my current downpour :arrowhead:

In West End of the city we got maybe an inch of snow, followed by sleet, followed by pouring rain at 32. Branches are fairly well iced up but thankfully, knock on wood, no outages. Hoping for maybe some pity back side snow here in next few hours. Been sitting at 32 for majority of storm

3 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

lost power here for about a 1/2 hour here in Glen Allen.  Sleet just picked back up also..

Surprised no talk of a flash freeze tonight from the local stations and more pos power outages.

cant see any way of how it wont be a rough morning in many spots in the early morning .

Power back on here too. Was about to head to Bdubs to watch Birds game. Glad it’s back on!

Finally flipped back to sleet here too a while ago after a deluge of rain over night with temps. getting to 35 today. Back to the freezing mark now. May not get the snow day tomorrow, but I am off from work for several more  days most likely. The hubby and eye have been cursed with Pink Eye. Thank goodness we have a reliable crew to keep our business going while we suffer from home. Never had this crap before and it is annoying!!