Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

You know what, I'll take my 2" and be happy with it.  Insane that we're going to get 1.2"+ of liquid, but it's going to be wasted on sleet and fzr. 

Yeah, that 2 inches comes over a long period of time as well....a little at the onset and a little at the end...per the Euro.  Lots of mix and plain old rain...

1 minute ago, Freshies said:

Yeah, that 2 inches comes over a long period of time as well....a little at the onset and a little at the end...per the Euro.  Lots of mix and plain old rain...

Its been showing this for awhile now.. Hopefully that back end does stay together because that will be where most of the snow for the area gets picked up at the end....  im gonna live with my 3-6  from 3 days ago for this part of Glen Allen  ... and drink for one for a surprise & save 2 for whatever happens.. ha :drunk:

• Like 1

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

That's not a lot of ice.  Means the euro thinks we just get plain old rain.  A few degrees could make all the difference. 

Yeah, not much sleet showing up on the euro either.  TBH, I'm fine with this.  Nothing I hate more than hearing the sound of sleet hitting the side of the house...although I hate this most when I am expecting it to be snow!

Just now, eaglesin2011 said:
StormTotalIceFcst.png

Still think this is a little low for a few places in the area.. but we will see if they update it later today..

image 2 of 39
previousnextclose

Based on that precip as snow I just posted, Glen Allen going to see mainly sleet? That’s 12z. What’s Kuchera in Glen Allen snowfall on latest Euro

nice temp drop here when the snow started...

Decent light snow now here in Glen Allen

But the RADAR not looking all that great at the moment out west ... Hopefully it will fill in more with snow.. (if not we are in trouble) .. to the East tho wow is it really snowing that far south already?

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/23059:4:US?layer=radar

32 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I'd hate to be a local met.  Somewhere within 30 miles of Richmond is going to get 6-8"+ and somewhere within 30 miles is going to see nothing but rain.  

not exactly breaking cnn news but thanks :whistle:

Need this break to fill in looks like we are going to be into a low for a bit before the heavy precip kicks in...

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/23059:4:US?layer=radar