• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

R/S line is slowly moving into Hampton Roads metro, let's see if we can sneak in an inch of slushy snow. It's encouraging that RIC dipped below freezing as of 335pm while most models had temps between 33 and 35 at 20z.

41 in Virginia Beach, there is no precip now. North wind is gusting into the 30s

31 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

starting to accucm on back roads/shaddy areas.. may make and inch... Starting to end nw to south tho.. Don't think we will catch the wrap around out here...

Interesting that the radar returns on weather bug are expanding somewhat to the north and west of Glen Allen. Not sure if that’s just something that lasts a very sort time or brings a couple more hours of moderate snow. Still snowing moderately here though. 

4 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Interesting that the radar returns on weather bug are expanding somewhat to the north and west of Glen Allen. Not sure if that’s just something that lasts a very sort time or brings a couple more hours of moderate snow. Still snowing moderately here though. 

maybe could catch a little of the pivot up the coast.. but I wouldnt count much on it.. Seemed to slow a bit the last few mins where i am.. def better south

Wasnow215, guessing you live off Hunton Park Boulevard by those pics.  I used to live back there in the Ridge at Hunton Park, used to run through that area...miss it.

A little late on the WWA I think, I thought we would have had one around 2:30PM.  This is certainly more than enough to impact the evening commute.

5 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Wasnow215, guessing you live off Hunton Park Boulevard by those pics.  I used to live back there in the Ridge at Hunton Park, used to run through that area...miss it.

A little late on the WWA I think, I thought we would have had one around 2:30PM.  This is certainly more than enough to impact the evening commute.

Yes Hunton Park. They waited too long but I was trying to be kind. I know models aren’t supposed to be worth much when we are in “nowcasting time” but The NAM, NAM 3k, GFS, and then even the EURO (all 12z) brought the snow “back” and this was at 10 am and then so on. So yeah-once those radar returns clearly showed this was happening WWA should have been issued.

Heavy snow here in Prince George. Started around 1pm or so, but it took a couple of hours to begin to stick. The yard is almost covered with temperature at 33. Roads are only wet and I live in a rural area. I think it is just a matter of time before the roads cave as we move into the evening hours.

• Like 1

R/S line is slowly moving into Hampton Roads metro, let's see if we can sneak in an inch of slushy snow. It's encouraging that RIC dipped below freezing as of 335pm while most models had temps between 33 and 35 at 20z.
41 in Virginia Beach, there is no precip now. North wind is gusting into the 30s
A few pingers here just west of Elizabeth City on Highway 17 South near the Wal Mart. Lots of rain.
  • Like 1