Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

3 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

Listening to The Fan right now doing the weather forecast, which I assume they get from KDKA, and they're telling everybody 6 to 10 inches. Where the hell did that come from? I can't see KDKA calling for that. They're usually ultra conservative. If The Fan screwed that up reading it, way to spread bad info.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They know as much about the weather on the FAN as they do about sports. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

Listening to The Fan right now doing the weather forecast, which I assume they get from KDKA, and they're telling everybody 6 to 10 inches. Where the hell did that come from? I can't see KDKA calling for that. They're usually ultra conservative. If The Fan screwed that up reading it, way to spread bad info.

This is what Accuweather was calling for after 5AM on KDKA-AM radio. Haven't looked to see if they've changed anything.

12 minutes ago, IrishWxBurgher said:

Yep, gfs is pulling a Lucy and yanking away the football.

Here's hoping the GFS is just being the GFS and we see positive changes on the other models.

Would be an appropriate ending to another blah winter, especially if 100 miles east gets a foot. 

All snow here in Ross. Not heavy but steady. 

The models have shifted east so it looks like the (possible) 5-7 inch snowfalls will split Allegheny into Westmoreland. I think everyone else gets a solid 2-4. I am hoping maybe some sort of band sets up around our area tonight but not betting on it. Time to watch outside and enjoy what we do get. Go outside and walk or just get out. :snowwindow:

Enjoy what we get and don't bother looking at New York or Philly or you will be disappointed.

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

Also on the good side is I was worried about Sleet but it looks like we are over to all snow and everything that falls will no longer mix. If we get 4-6 I will be happy and then we can move on to Spring and Thunderboomers. I hope all of our area at least makes out for this storm. 

4-6 isn't bad this time of year for sure, timing is good for maximum accumulation with heaviest happening overnight. 30 degrees at night in March is the same as 30 degrees at night in January.

Last I checked was all snow with big flakes, and starting to accumulate lightly in the grass.

Had a slight mix at times, but mostly rain down here.  Won't know for sure what happens until that ULL swings through; this is trending even more towards a non-event locally, however.

Even when it looks to snow here, the soundings are anything but impressive in terms of rates.

Post while I can. I hope this site isn't crashing for the next 24 hours. All those damn NY Weenies. 

HRRR site is down too. 

It's all just looking out the window like I did 40 years ago haha!

Snow just about stopped here. Very light. Looks like more hopefully moving up from the south.

Temp is 32 degrees. Picked up about 1/2 inch on the grassy areas.

Site seems to be back up. Man, it really is tough to snow in the day in March. I felt like it was really thumping for a while and i have almost nothing on the ground. We shall see with tonight. Looking forward to watching.
It's all about the elevation. I'm in Mount Lebanon right now. Where I'm at, there's just a whitening of the ground. When I look off in the distance at some of the hills above me, there looks to be a good bit more on the ground.

I had to drive up to Ford City (or "camp" as you yinzers love to call that general area) today to pick up a thermal fuse for my dryer, because nobody near the big, bad, hardcore blue collar industrial city of Pittsburgh had a simple $15 universal Whirlpool part. No snow up there whatsoever as of about 4:30.

Archived