Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-6 inches with locally more is a safe bet for somebody in Butler County,  Allegheny county is a battleground.  North Hills through Tarentum area, will likely get the most snow in the county in this kind of situation, I live in a valley so i am concerned for some freezing rain here a mini cold air damming effect occurs here

6 minutes ago, OutnOakmont said:

Me, too! I just had a second to look at the recent run and almost did a spit take. :( 

Think we all kinda knew how it would end up just frustrating seeing all of the trends yesterday wiped out in 2 hours. That was probably the worst the gfs has looked since we started tracking this one. 2-4 would be fine if it wasn't going to take such a beating from the mix. Oh well what can you do. 

It is getting down to nowcast time. If your goal is an 8 inch snowfall tomorrow you will probably be let down. I am going to watch tomorrow morning and enjoy what happens. If it changes to rain, so be it and it will change back to snow. Yes, everyone wants spring but we have a storm tomorrow morning to watch. Better than cloudy and cold and dry. Just my humble opinion.:snowwindow:

All of the locals are basically blowing this off as just rain by 8am with the rain line all the way up to I-80. This storm is just going to make rush hour miserable. Nothing more than an annoyance.

I don't know why i let myself get so excited for a 6"+ event. Charlie brown and the football i suppose.

Just now, MikeB_01 said:

Everyone in this forum right now...

Listen im not saying that we will get our 6+ storm and im not saying we won't. I'm still not convinced of the track from the NAM. I think the advisory numbers are pretty good and some spots could see more. Lets nowcast tonight and tomorrow morning and see what happens.  This is like the last minute of the superbowl on sunday. You don't know whats going to happen. 25 miles makes a big difference.

The freezing line will not make it to I-80 unless your at state college and those areas east of us, its not making it to Butler County I-80 corridor.  Tomorrow should be interesting to watch but the local mets are so horrible its amazing they got jobs. Then you get arrogance from them too

1 hour ago, MikeB_01 said:

Everyone in this forum right now...

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 12.58.10 PM.png

LOL

It's also humorous you needn't go back any further than say page 40 of this thread and read everyone posting about measuring 5-7 inches and how great the storm was with the quick change over etc. It's not like we are snow starved. I guess we are like the Pens, after getting a big storm these little ones just don't mean as much, when the blizzard of 93 redux appears in early March hopefully we can all just flip the switch to good analysis again.  :lol:

1 minute ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

LOL

It's also humorous you needn't go back any further than say page 40 of this thread and read everyone posting about measuring 5-7 inches and how great the storm was with the quick change over etc. It's not like we are snow starved. I guess we are like the Pens, after getting a big storm these little ones just don't mean as much, when the blizzard of 93 redux appears in early March hopefully we can all just flip the switch to good analysis again.  :lol:

somebody is going to get the sweet spot locally, but who will it be, but my bet is Southern Butler or Armstrong county

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Question someone said the temp right now is 2 degrees colder than the models had it. Would this make a difference at all?

Doubtful it means much at this juncture. Now, if tomorrow at 6am the temperature is several degrees cooler through the column that could have big implications. The cold does win from time to time around here, so you can't rule it out. It's to bad that High is not further west, rather than scooting of the New England Coast.

7 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Question someone said the temp right now is 2 degrees colder than the models had it. Would this make a difference at all?

problem isn't the surface temp, its the midlevels.

That said, PBZ is calling for surface temps in the 40's for SWPA tomorrow.

Archived