Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

5 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I mean the trend is not our friend. 

5 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I mean the trend is not our friend. 

That might be one of the best euro runs honestly. It has been warm the whole time.

Remember, the storm several weeks ago up until 48 hours out showed rain, and an inch 1-3 inches on most models and we ended up 6+

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

That might be one of the best euro runs honestly. It has been warm the whole time.

Remember, the storm several weeks ago up until 48 hours out showed rain, and an inch 1-3 inches on most models and we ended up 6+

Agreed. The Rain/Snow line has stayed pretty consistently splitting AGC, but before 12z yesterday the whole county was pretty solidly in the rain. Still about 36 hrs to go. Lots of time to keep the SE train going!

16 minutes ago, JPOracle said:

3-6 inches and some ice appears to be likely, will we have a winter storm watch issued soon is the question now?

I bet it depends on the 0z runs maybe even the 6z. We are in the battle zone and 25 miles makes a huge difference. 

Just now, SteelCity08 said:

Was trying to quote the post you replied to but messed up and was too lazy to fix it lol. I used to follow him a lot back in the day but got burned too many times. He is solid for the most part. 

Thanks just came across him in the last year or so, hopefully he is right. He's got the 6-12" range coming down to around I-80ish.

4 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Personally I don't see much change in guidance going forward with this storm. Even last night there was a good consensus of advisory level snows being the floor, while there may be a couple 10" lolli's, the ceiling isn't much more than 7 or 8" statewide.

Agreed but maybe just maybe we can squeeze at 6 or 7. Doubtful but I'm off Wednesday any way so whatever falls I'll actually get to enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, OutnOakmont said:

Well this is not what I expected to see before bed at all! :D 

SnowAccum.PNG

WOW. AGC is a battlezone. I will not give up on this one no matter what the models say. This is so close. Some in AGC are going to see 6+ of snow and others will see a front thump of 3 and then rain before switching back over to rain again. Really close one here

Good news for all the kiddies is that i think the system will come through at a dicey time. I can see alot of schools closing for the day

Archived