joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who ever follows any of the local  WTAE, KDKA, WPXI,  there weather forecasts are going to be proven to be horribly wrong again. They don't know how to predict large winter storms at all.  All they give is nothing but crap.  They said 3-6 of snow the night we got  2 feet in 2010.

Flooding is ongoing in many spots

Wow... What a wild night, It must have been a dream, but I swear an EF5 spun up in my neighborhood.. next thing I knew I woke up in a bed of flowers surrounded by what I can best describe as children singing songs of snow, models showing Blizzard of 93 analogs, and I now have this red pair of bedazzled tennis shoes.....

But it wasn't a dream. It was a place! And you,

7 hours ago, Burghblizz said:

Good model trends so far tonight.

l’ll watch for those tornados too :blink:

and you,

7 hours ago, blackngoldrules said:

During storms like this, they like to sneak up from behind, so be extra careful out there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

and you, and you were there!

7 hours ago, north pgh said:

Heavy rain moving in from the south west. All this tornado talk. Fresh of the SPC. 

But you couldn't have been, could you?

:lol::lol:

At a glance it doesn’t look horribly out of line with the forecasts.

Not super amped, but not sure any high totals were ever in play without a closed 500 low. That’s why forecasts have been modest. Like I have been saying, the analog for me is Feb ‘11. If the changeover can be timed up well, it can overperform a little. 

7 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

At a glance it doesn’t look horribly out of line with the forecasts.

Not super amped, but not sure any high totals were ever in play without a closed 500 low. That’s why forecasts have been modest. Like I have been saying, the analog for me is Feb ‘11. If the changeover can be timed up well, it can overperform a little. 

Yeah, that was a fun event. 

I jyst really dont want another 3 inch event. 

Archived