• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

Lost in all of this storm talk is today's weather potential. We are pushing 60 and have some heavy rain coming tonight. SPC has us in a 10% chance of thunderstorms from this afternoon thru tomorrow morning. Thunderstorm today and big snowstorm tomorrow night? It has happened before and can happen again. :raining:  :popcorn::snowwindow:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost in all of this storm talk is today's weather potential. We are pushing 60 and have some heavy rain coming tonight. SPC has us in a 10% chance of thunderstorms from this afternoon thru tomorrow morning. Thunderstorm today and big snowstorm tomorrow night? It has happened before and can happen again. :raining:  :popcorn::snowwindow:
Many areas have already pushed 60 and knocked it over. ;) What a contrast from -10 not too long ago. I can get used to this if we continue to be disappointed on the storm front. May as well be warm. I won't get used to it of course since I know we'll be back in the ice box real soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, north pgh said:

NWS has a flood watch up... I had to lol at this map though, I know its for 2 different storms \ times but still funny you have a flood watch smacked right up against a WSW. If you were ignorant to the facts you would assume folks in Westmoreland and the Southern counties were about to get screwed... oh wait maybe they are. :lol:

pbz.png.e2663005368faf7201fffa51d15b1d95.png

4 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

NWS has a flood watch up... I had to lol at this map though, I know its for 2 different storms \ times but still funny you have a flood watch smacked right up against a WSW. If you were ignorant to the facts you would assume folks in Westmoreland and the Southern counties were about to get screwed... oh wait maybe they are. :lol:

pbz.png.e2663005368faf7201fffa51d15b1d95.png

There have been storms in the Midwest where there have been blizzard warnings a county or two away from tornado watches/warnings. Those have to be fun lol. 

3 minutes ago, SteelCity08 said:

Ahh yes, also another one of our better skills. One that seemed to get lost for a time but making a big push again within the last decade. A true city of champions. 

I'll be 40 next month. My dad is 67. More people have died from my graduating class since high school than his.

The King has thrown his hat into the ring.

Vort looks very similar to prior runs
5a57a8a4cb212_ScreenShot2018-01-11at1_10_12PM.png.352578199d5261c25dd2d8184b8a40df.png
I think the NWS typically puts a lot of weight into what the Euro shows, so I think we'll at least keep the WSW for a while, despite the GFS and NAM being disappointing with their latest runs. Those models tend to eventually cave in to the Euro. Not always, but a lot of the time they do. Hope this is one of those cases.

10 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

I think the NWS typically puts a lot of weight into what the Euro shows, so I think we'll at least keep the WSW for a while, despite the GFS and NAM being disappointing with their latest runs. Those models tend to eventually cave in to the Euro. Not always, but a lot of the time they do. Hope this is one of those cases.

Yeah, I notice in their AFD's the Euro will be mentioned a bit more prominently than the GFS, and much more than the NAM.

8 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

I’ll take the second euro. It’s likely it’s including some precip that would fall as freezing rain and sleet.

edit: actually - it looks like it’s a 10 day run so might include the next system 

The one I posted? Its til Saturday at noon. I have no idea how it calculates snow vs sleet vs zr though

Generated it from here: https://weather.us/model-charts/euro

Archived