• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WWBB

Wow

I know this is OT but I've been thinking about the days at WWBB when there was just basically one forum to discuss the weather, even before the OT forum came around... and we all got along and learned about the weather no matter where we lived.

We just knew each other by our usernames and found a friendship through our postings.  When I started reading and posting at Wright-Weather BB in 2001 at age 17, it was a great place and its where I learned so much about the weather.. from DT's postings to Ji, Rob22, Thunder in the Hills, even HOTMAIL's hilarious posts.. I loved it all.

I don't know who is still around anymore to remember these days at WWBB and the young days at Easternwx in the early 2000's but just wanted to thank you... I've had a great time talking and learning with you all...

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

AOL/TWC/WWBB seem like an eternity ago. College made me book smart in meteorology, but being on these forums for 2 decades made me street smart. It was pretty amazing realizing just how many other weather weenies are out there.

That was always weird for me too, as a kid i assumed i was one of the few weenies who cared...stumbling upon twc and eastern blew my mind.

8 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

I recall those days. It was a great experience.

Epic back and forth between DT and Meteostorm during the 2002-03 winter, December 2002 event around Christmas in particular.  Accuweather back then was pretty good too.  I got on there back in 2000 (watched all the videos and read all the discussions- all of it was free back then), just in time for the infamous March 2001 debacle, then another debacle for the 2001-02 winter when cold was predicted and it stayed warm, and then moved on to Wright for 2002-03 when Accuweathe was no longer free (the nerve of them to start charging after messing up the 2001-02 winter so badly!) and that was our first great winter since 1995-96!

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

AOL/TWC/WWBB seem like an eternity ago. College made me book smart in meteorology, but being on these forums for 2 decades made me street smart. It was pretty amazing realizing just how many other weather weenies are out there.

I’ve tried to get fellow classmates to sign-up or at least read the posts here.  There is no way I would know 99% of what I do without these forums.  The wealth of knowledge on here beats anything else.  Not only this but I’ve met some great people and it’s amazing the number of relationships I’ve established.  

2 hours ago, isohume said:

I miss the DT era.

Ditto. Was also better when he was located in the snow hole of RIC.  The rage was palpable.

Was WWBB where "Storm Cancel" became a thing? Or maybe EUS.  I think that was Ji, but it could have been Ji mocking someone, or himself.  

I was vortexmax back then, in SECT (another hideous snow hole), then ALB and been near Syracuse last 13 yrs. If I had any shame i'd feel bad whining when we get shafted by snow events here.  But once a weenie, always a weenie.

6 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Found some archives of WWBB up on the Wayback Machine.  Was never a member but do remember reading the board and learning a lot.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010614130410/http://www.wright-weather.com:80/cgi-bin-bb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

This was always as far back as I could go...just after the March 2001 debacle for the Mid Atlantic.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010405124025/http://www.wright-weather.com:80/cgi-bin-bb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=11&forum=Forecasting+Discussion&DaysPrune=30&startpoint=800

Archived