joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28.9F  very light snow grains.   Temp quickly fell a couple of degrees around 9am and drifted lower during late morning.  Seems to have almost leveled off at this temp.  No snowflakes up here this AM, just fine light snow grains.  Vis 3 or 4 miles.  Slight coating of snow grains/freezing drizzle on surfaces.

About 90% or more of snow coverage in the general area except for my SW pastures which are about 40% grass patches...

26 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Only my third winter season up here, but this is the best cold tuck I’ve seen so far...temp was highest at 8 am this morning at 34F and has been falling gradually all day. Now down to 25F, with fzdz. Everything glazed up, very slippery in parking lots and untreated roads. Awesome. 

better than the pre x-mas cold tuck? 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It is a mess out there...just pouring sleet. 

Amazing how little precipitation can cause a mess.  Just ran out and took a good 10 minutes to scrape the car off of snow grains/sleet/zr.

I feel like warm frontal precip in a cutter is exactly what a Winter Weather Advisory was made for.

axQqjV5.gif

Interesting that the 875mb temperatures have cooled off to the low for the day at the top of the Stowe Gondola...evaporational cooling doing its work.

19F now at that 875mb level, winds have been light all day but going calm usually means the Davis is all nice and iced up.

That's a cold rain aloft for sure. 

1QsYPAT.jpg

Archived