Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh they know. We just celebrated our 45 th foster going to a furever home. He came to us abandoned abused and near death, he left happy and free 2nd pic. I was his buddy and as always it was tough to see him go but he went to a fantastic guy and they are already inseparable 

20171203_173421.png

received_10204024702773977.jpeg

:wub:   

I didn't realize how many you have fostered!   Sacrificing  a lot of time that might go towards other endeavors but it's all worth that look of love they give.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tamarack said:

The one on the right looks a lot like our Texas rescue that arrived early last Feb, just ahead of the 5-storm-45-inch snowblitz (and she learned to love snow.)  Must be a lot of those yellow Lab plus whatever pups from there.

That's Luna, our second American dingo, Bowie is our third (first one long passed).  If you have one that looks a lot like these two, and is  from the south,  you probably have a pet that is part of old world genetics. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Dog

27 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

:wub:   

I didn't realize how many you have fostered!   Sacrificing  a lot of time that might go towards other endeavors but it's all worth that look of love they give.  

Yea we have 7 of our own. I guess I could travel the world or something but this chose me for some reason.  

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That's Luna, our second American dingo, Bowie is our third (first one long passed).  If you have one that looks a lot like these two, and is  from the south,  you probably have a pet that is part of old world genetics. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Dog

We got our pup (actually was 19 months at time of delivery) thru New England Lab Rescue, and have no clue where in TX she had come from.  Weighed 32 lb when we got her, after 2 weeks of foster care (so maybe 30 or less before) and now a sleek 50.  DNA came back 1/8 each Lab, Corgi(!), boxer, and pointer - she does point, and does not retrieve except for her toys, while in the house.  Doesn't dive into the nearest water, either.  Does have Lab toe-webs but evidently not the double coat; we haven't had to brush out a bushel of hair twice a year as we did with our purebred black Lab.  The other 50% was "mixed breed, including Lab", so an eclectic mix.

1 hour ago, #NoPoles said:

Currently 56, down from a high of 61 around 2am. At 7am I had .75 inches of rain. Should have a bit more now. My weenie station had a peak gust of 23mph, but it is in a bad location. In reality add 10-15mph to that.

.88inches for this event...ive logged about 55.77inches of rain this year so far...does not include snow because my gauge can only measure liquid

34 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We got our pup (actually was 19 months at time of delivery) thru New England Lab Rescue, and have no clue where in TX she had come from.  Weighed 32 lb when we got her, after 2 weeks of foster care (so maybe 30 or less before) and now a sleek 50.  DNA came back 1/8 each Lab, Corgi(!), boxer, and pointer - she does point, and does not retrieve except for her toys, while in the house.  Doesn't dive into the nearest water, either.  Does have Lab toe-webs but evidently not the double coat; we haven't had to brush out a bushel of hair twice a year as we did with our purebred black Lab.  The other 50% was "mixed breed, including Lab", so an eclectic mix.

Thank you, so awesome to read these success stories

3 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

1.55" here, but most of VT was less than 1".   Looking at ME cocorahs reports- the lowest total was .84", so yea, I would guess maybe you got more?

Did not note much wind (usually don't in my tree-sheltered spot) but lost power from about 1-3:40 AM this morning.  Emptied 1.12" from the gauge.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Come to California they say, yea no, fuk that

Stunning views up on those hills, but man the fire threat is near constant every dry season. Probably higher odds of losing your house to fire in those coastal CA hills than losing your house to a tornado near OKC.

Archived