Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dendrite said:

BDL 34F...TolSTEM 43F. Maybe even warmer above the school? Congrats to those hill towns for holding onto the thaw a little longer.

ORH 29F too. Not sure which station someone from there would use as a representative local ASOS. Maybe the 47F at GON or the 52F at SNC?

Holding at 27.4F up here on the hill.  Precip becoming heavier.  Mostly IP and not ZR.  With the IP I could almost fly the drone up to 1500 feet above me and attach my small recording thermometer that records a max/min.  Would be an interesting experiment but probably ZR up there that would quickly take down the drone.  Not worth a $1000 chance...

3 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Lovely... kids had a 2hr delay. Their bus just went off the road and into a ditch. everybody's fine but damn....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Wow dude, scary!  Glad everyone is ok, I'm sure that will be tomorrow's Recorder headline.   33F mod/heavy rain here. 

5 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Lovely... kids had a 2hr delay. Their bus just went off the road and into a ditch. everybody's fine but damn...

Glad to hear. 

We don't really make decisions on what to do about schools, but we did have a conference call with NH and urged that a delay was going to do nothing with this batch of precip expected around now. It was either go to school before it arrives or bag it altogether.

Left Holliston with a nasty glaze...temp was 30-31F there. Got to Quincy and everything is fine, though still only 34F.

That's nasty stuff over the interior right now. Big fail on models...even short term. Upper 20s to near 30F still in ORH county to northern Middlesex county.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Left Holliston with a nasty glaze...temp was 30-31F there. Got to Quincy and everything is fine, though still only 34F.

That's nasty stuff over the interior right now. Big fail on models...even short term. Upper 20s to near 30F still in ORH county to northern Middlesex county.

Did Ray issue advisories?

Capture.JPG

Archived