Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And done for a full month until mid Feb meaning BN is an option

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

So no snow for 4 weeks? Sounds about as good as your call yesterday. 

You guys are arguing in like 3 different threads right now.  We can all see that it never snows for DIT unless its 8-12 and if it isn't snowing its an epic ice wind storm.  

Scott, its like arguing with a tree stump.  

18 minutes ago, Southshorewx said:

You guys are arguing in like 3 different threads right now.  We can all see that it never snows for DIT unless its 8-12 and if it isn't snowing its an epic ice wind storm.  

Scott, its like arguing with a tree stump.  

Like a stubborn oak, or maybe a scrub pine?

I’m just a casual observer and to me it seems like this winter has been pretty good   for the NW corner of CT so far, had the strong cold front move thru Nov 9 that ended the warm fall, the first flakes 4 days later on the 13th, Snow on Christmas, a very impressive blizzard, extreme cold following that, several minor and not so minor snow and ice events, really what else could you ask for in southern           New England? I spend a lot of time in Murrells Inlet South Carolina and the day before the blizzard there was snow and ice that took 4 days to melt, much of the eastern US has had at least some memorable winter weather, to this amateur weather observer It seems like it’s been a pretty respectable winter so far, there is still three weeks left to solar winter and two months till the first day of spring, If the next two months are like what we’ve seen so far it will be a pretty memorable winter IMHO-

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Is Bruce Shwoegler in Harwich still tracking the thursday coastal lol

Bruce was a famous New England tv weather personality for many years at a time when local tv news was a dominant source of information, but after speaking to him a couple times in the 1990s I found him to be rude and abrasive off air.

Bruce's ego was so big back then because if you sat at the prime time channel 4 anchor desk you were a new England star with virtual hundred percent name id. Long before cable if you had a good antenna and you lived in Portland, Manchester or providence odds favored you would often tune into wbz for the weather, Celtics or red Sox highlights instead of your local news stations which is why the providence stations were so aggressive in blocking most Boston stations from Rhode island cable companies in the 1990s.

Today if Eric Fisher, Jeremy Reiner or Pete bouchard walked into a Boston coffee shop half the people wouldn't know them but if Chet, Nat, Don Kent or Bruce schwoegler walked in back in 1985 every one knew them. 

I remember rushing to get the weather as a kid at 616 or 1116 at night because that was the only weather you got until today show cut ins or the noon news. In those days there was no 5 pm news, no morning news, just game shows, sitcoms, Donahue and movies after the network morning shows during the day before the 6pm news.

17 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

His career ended I think because of that epic March 2001 bust. He was gone shortly thereafter, so was Mark Rosenthal. Someone made a YouTube video of their Sunday am forecasts the day before the bust. It's a shame a half century on tv combined for both guys ended ugly for both of them.

"Another storm of the century", That 1?

Archived