Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah they want all plotted data to be within 2 hours of 7 AM, but that's not to say they won't take the data. ;)

I'm not sure if we have any reports currently outside their window.

I see them all the time. Brian they won't say anything and accept what you have for a 24 hr total

11 hours ago, weathafella said:

Would you walk a mile for a Camel?

reminds me of a Blues Brothers song "I don't know":

she said honey, honey, you know I gave up cigarettes for my new years resolution, but I didn't give up smoking.

I said woman, woman, you going to walk a mile for a Camel, or are you going to make like Mr Chesterfield and satisfy?

She said, she said that all depends on what your packing; regular or king size.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

BTW...I find it hard to believe they recorded 33.7" of snow and maintained a 34" pack at the end of the month...especially with that 12/26 torching rainstorm. The old days were magical.

Yea that depth is wrong, you want to laugh, look at Now data for the HFD area which shows 45 inches of depth with no loss at the end of the month. Needless to say I would hit that month hard

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

BTW...I find it hard to believe they recorded 33.7" of snow and maintained a 34" pack at the end of the month...especially with that 12/26 torching rainstorm. The old days were magical.

It's the central Mass. school of measurement.  I think the guy in Lunenburg still uses it.  You sweep and measure so there is no compaction and just add the numbers up for the total.  Why bother actually taking a measurement for a daily amount?

Archived