Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

15F here with a few rouge flakes floating through the flood lights.  If we go clear and calm the bottom will fall out, this is a night when fresh snow cover could take off that extra few degrees.  

I don't think my brown grass is going to help much in that regard overnight...............:lol:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Down to 24°F and dropping. Painful after experiencing the high of 66°F in Raleigh two days ago.

Haha  24 is balmy, wait for real man cold!  Currently 14 on my home and car thermos.  It was 16 at KMPV.

By the way, I hope I didn't just jinx our snow chances for the rest of the winter, I just bought a new (to me) snowmobile for my son.

50 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anything under 200$? Lol

LaCrosse and Accurite both have decent stations for under $200 that can have Wunderground software but both have some annoying issues including no decimal place for temperature (wtf?). The accurite we have is older and is pretty damn accurate with rain, temp and wind but it's history features are kind of lame.  I'm sure both brands have improved since I've owned them. I'll suck it up and go Davis next if I have a few extra bucks. 

edit: also, when shopping make sure you get a station with dew point.  Many do not have that feature listed on spec sheet even if they actually have it.  

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Holy ****... SLK is already down to 4F at 9pm.

There's that fresh snow helping out too.  

BML at 17F but reporting -SN.  They clear out and they are gone too.

I'm pretty impressed with this cold shot tonight. It wasn't pure radiational cooling, because we were really breezy after sunset. Even though we're starting to calm, we still have 4-7 kts out there. Our forecast had a radiational cooling trend to it, yet these CAA temps are keeping pace with it, which is impressive.

DAW bottomed out at 15°F. Not bad for a November morning!

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

Haha  24 is balmy, wait for real man cold!  Currently 14 on my home and car thermos.  It was 16 at KMPV.

By the way, I hope I didn't just jinx our snow chances for the rest of the winter, I just bought a new (to me) snowmobile for my son.

11 hours ago, dryslot said:

Get ready for a lot more pain over the next month.........lol

Haha, 20 was my old threshold for what I consider a truly cold night in the South. Bring it on! 

10 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

DAW bottomed out at 15°F. Not bad for a November morning!

Haha, 20 was my old threshold for what I consider a truly cold night in the South. Bring it on! 

And really this is NBD. We did single digits a few years ago. A 15F morning can feel warm sometimes by February. :arrowhead:

Archived