Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It hasn't stopped snowing all day but now its just ramped up in a big way.

Where'd this come from?  Big huge fluffers.

There's actually a little shortwave or vortmax embedded in the flow moving over upstate NY and into VT around now...it's been giving pretty steady snows in the OGS-MSS-SLK belt...north of the typical LES belt.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I would say the difference between ORH and PYM so far this season is a feather dusting. I don't think the angst is warranted right now. :lol:  

Ok I'm not that much of a weenie that I compare my locale to Worcester. Didn't even do that when I lived in Medway. My "angst" comes from the fact the I now live in an area where the chance of getting rain during the winter is greater than getting snow. Also I'm bored with this pattern...anyway, it seems like most of us are bored with this pattern...although with this last FROPA, I did have some lightning.

Just now, #NoPoles said:

Ok I'm not that much of a weenie that I compare my locale to Worcester. Didn't even do that when I lived in Medway. My "angst" comes from the fact the I now live in an area where the chance of getting rain during the winter is greater than getting snow. Also I'm bored with this pattern...anyway, it seems like most of us are bored with this pattern...although with this last FROPA, I did have some lightning.

Well that's true, but then you can get clocked with an all out tempest too. That's part of the fun......for me anyways. Your average isn't terrible at all. Look at last year...you got clocked with two big snow events...more than many can claim in terns of actual amounts from both storms. I will look forward to your 33 S+ snow obs while Kevin is 18F with IP.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's actually a little shortwave or vortmax embedded in the flow moving over upstate NY and into VT around now...it's been giving pretty steady snows in the OGS-MSS-SLK belt...north of the typical LES belt.

Yeah I was caught by surprise.  Wasn't paying attention or something but we've got at least 1-2" down so far and still ripping.  Maximizing snow growth in this little feature.  It's around 1"/hr at the mountain.

J.Spin is getting the brunt of it right now as he's at I-89 at the county line east of BTV.  These higher scans have the snow a bit west of where its actually heaviest due to the decent wind flow aloft...there's usually a couple mile drift east from where the radar picks this up it seems.

WUNIDS_map.gif

Archived