Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

14 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

careful, it might be that crazy dude Kevin Martin. I am sure you have heard of him.

Of course. There are ways this account could be constructive about highlighting some of the real issues with our products. Sometimes complaints from the field are overlooked, but public/user comments go straight to the top.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

:(

I'm serious though, if you like sours that Sea Quench seaweed sour was really good. 

Ball-bustin' ya.  I like the 90min.  Sours are hit or miss but when executed perfectly, they can be some of the best brews out there.  

Just downed a couple Trillium Motueka Dry Hopped Fort Point Pale Ale.  :wub:

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Ball-bustin' ya.  I like the 90min.  Sours are hit or miss but when executed perfectly, they can be some of the best brews out there.  

Trillium is a great excuse to go visit my parents. It's hard not to stop when it's right there off 95. 

I do need to just bite the bullet and detour to Treehouse soon though.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Trillium is a great excuse to go visit my parents. It's hard not to stop when it's right there off 95. 

I do need to just bite the bullet and detour to Treehouse soon though.

I can't do it.  The wait alone would kill me.  The 2 times I've gone to Trillium, I've waited a total of 5 min to get beer.

9 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I am not a fan of sours.  But I have only tried a couple. 

12 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I can't do it.  The wait alone would kill me.  The 2 times I've gone to Trillium, I've waited a total of 5 min to get beer.

No need to wait in lines, just go to a high end beer shop that carries Single Cut or Finback.  They are just as good as the fanboy stuff people obsess over.  Proclamation Ale Co in Warwick RI is also worth the trip. 

The best thing about Treehouse is that there are no longer any lines up at Alchemist to get Heady Topper and Focal Banger because all the Tri-State beer hunters go to Treehouse now.

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

No need to wait in lines, just go to a high end beer shop that carries Single Cut or Finback.  They are just as good as the fanboy stuff people obsess over.  Proclamation Ale Co in Warwick RI is also worth the trip. 

The best thing about Treehouse is that there are no longer any lines up at Alchemist to get Heady Topper and Focal Banger because all the Tri-State beer hunters go to Treehouse now.

Gonna have to disagree . Those other beers are good, but not in the TH or Trillium league. Untappd and Beer Advocate don’t lie 

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But beer is in the eye of the beholder. The fruity IPAs are in. But those places mostly specialize in those beers. You still have lagers, pilsners, etc that some may prefer over others. 

Yes, you can best judge a brewery by how well they can do a Lager.  Being able to execute a German or Czech beer, true to style is what separates the boy Brewers from the man Brewers. 

Also palates are very different.   And example is a certain percentage of the population just cannot tolerate the taste of cilantro,  I think a similar phenomenon exists with Belgian ale yeast  and a certain percentage of the population who just cannot stand the taste of Belgian beer.  There are certainly people who just cannot deal with the big hoppy beers  and this is why it is important to have many styles.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

But beer is in the eye of the beholder. The fruity IPAs are in. But those places mostly specialize in those beers. You still have lagers, pilsners, etc that some may prefer over others. 

I'm so over the overhopped IPAs and other too sharp beers. I've pretty much gone back to simpler lagers and brown or amber ales. There's just something so refreshing about a Sam Adams Lager that's tough to quantify. I hope I'm not the only one that can appreciate a good cheap PBR, still ~$9 for a 12 pack.

Fyi, there is a quick hitting virus going around. Causes sore throat, inflamed tonsils, and a fever. It's not strep (bacteria). fever lasts about 24hrs, hits hard but then it's gone. Sore throat with inflamed tonsils lasts a few days...i figured so many of you guys have kids I'd just let you know it's out there, lurking, waiting to invade your home

Archived