Weathernoob335
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A bit of a coating here in the Hubb this morning.  Non paved surfaces covered

No sign remaining of the 20 flakes that buried our place yesterday, but the black-iced ponds a mile+ down the road were whitish this morning (no better surface for displaying a dusting), and the road shoulders on Mile Hill are still covered.  First over-20 morning in a week - 8th thru 13th had minima ranging 10 to 19, Novie now running -2.4.

57 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Hang on,

DKFAYAqWkAEaRVm.jpg:large

at the home of Heady Topper? 

Triple bun alert.

Ha I wonder who's holding that.

So many great beers in town.  Trapp Brewery and German Bierhall, Idylltime Brewing Company, Alchemist, then head to Waterbury or Morrisville for another several breweries in each town.  

I have no idea how all of these prosper but tourist areas and a large beer drinking population makes it happen apparently.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I wonder who's holding that.

So many great beers in town.  Trapp Brewery and German Bierhall, Idylltime Brewing Company, Alchemist, then head to Waterbury or Morrisville for another several breweries in each town.  

I have no idea how all of these prosper but tourist areas and a large beer drinking population makes it happen apparently.  

I mean that's a pretty big AMS conference, so it's got to be a fairly large conference hall. They seem to usually do two sessions at a time. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean that's a pretty big AMS conference, so it's got to be a fairly large conference hall. They seem to usually do two sessions at a time. 

Yeah I was thinking Stowe Mountain Lodge up here at 1500ft.  Quite the weenie location for a bunch of mets.  Hopefully a good elevational October upslope event can be scheduled for that time too.

Does anyone have a link to descriptions of the first order climate stations?  I recall seeing a document at some point my career that provided a written description of different stations like BDL, ORH, PVD, BTV, CON, PWM, etc. but I can't seem to find a link to that kind of description.  I think they were written by a climatologist and would say something like "The station is located in a broad plain at 500' and is surrounded by hills whose height does not exceed 1000'" and then it would go on to describe the climate of the station and other records.  If anyone has a link, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I wouldn't mind a warm Thanksgiving TBH. Easier to travel back to NC and I could use one last burst of warmth in the South before deep winter get here.

19 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

WxBlue.   Here is a link to the cam!

https://video.nest.com/live/7ato4WcjoY

Awesome stuff! I used to have a view like this everyday in Asheville and I miss that.

Archived