Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Is Ray around?  I could use his abilities to write and cowrite a movie script with me.  Right now me and a friend are co-writing the movie script, we are in character naming and design for the beginning part right now.  He is a talented writer and he loves writing, a man after my own interests.

Since his winter forecast busted already, he’s in hiding...but try the PM feature, it works. 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Will has it easier since Megan has a met degree and knows what she’s doing. We have to be very specific with our instructions and questions. ;)

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

No kidding. It's not easy. 

We’ve all done it.

”How Big was the hail?”

”Huge!”

”Get a quarter, grab the largest hailstone, and take a picture.”

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

Really? It has been snowing around here since mid-morning. Not a lot of accumulation but my lawn is white. 

No other surfaces but the dirt driveway... the packed dirt must've been just frozen enough.  Sort of like a skim coating on a car.  I swear that wasn't on the driveway this morning.  Definitely marginal but I thought I also saw a fresh dusting on the pond ice behind Commodores Inn.  Only two places.

We've had white ground for the past few days from the thunderous frontal passage.  Most melted today but still a coating left in sheltered spots.  

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We’ve all done it.

”How Big was the hail?”

”Huge!”

”Get a quarter, grab the largest hailstone, and take a picture.”

My favorite last year. We work at the same place, it's raining at work but I know it's snowing at home. She gets out earlier than me. I ask her to let me know where the rain snow line is. So she's home. I call and ask, she says. I don't know where the rain snow line was as it was all rain then all snow

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Of course. He wrote "Geostorm".

Man that movie is not creative, it was common conspiracy involving the secretary of state or defense, trying to become the President while killing everyone who opposes him so that he wouldn't be found guilty of the crime itself, instead having the weather system of the world do the crime for him.  It was uncreative and not fun to watch.  Gerard Butler was a good actor in it, but it would have been better if he died, you would have felt bad for the character in his death.  My movie script is a much better Armageddon story than geostorm.

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I really think the latest NAM brings snow to the coastline in that CCB that develops with the secondary low as the coastal front drops eastward towards the coast.

How in holy hades world can you come to that conclusion?  The model in no way shape or form shows that.

Archived