Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15F at the 6:54pm observation.

lol that's some serious cold for November 11.

Looks like it's leveling off though a bit.  I'm just hoping for some single digits.

Crazy that it's been cold enough and the sun weak enough to have 0.8" of snow last on the ground for 2 days in the first half of November.  Crunchy walking out there.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

15F at the 6:54pm observation.

lol that's some serious cold for November 11.

Looks like it's leveling off though a bit.  I'm just hoping for some single digits.

Crazy that it's been cold enough and the sun weak enough to have 0.8" of snow last on the ground for 2 days in the first half of November.  Crunchy walking out there.

That’s how it used to be.

Wow, new NAM in to 45 hours, shows a sharp upper level trough moving through the region in the next 36 hours, with snow possible to the coastline as upper level energy tilts the trough negatively underneath a cold airmass in place at 850mb and 925mb.  Also the 500mb-1000mb thicknesses are below 540 line south of the south coast.  I think we could see our first snow flakes on the south coast of SNE on Monday.  Just watch this disturbance, it is quite sharp in nature.  These are good for a few surprises.

Archived