Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowfall Cimo Data

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm putting together my seasonal outlook, and my usual go-to site for snowfall climo data, http://climodtest.nrcc.cornell.edu, is down.

Does anyone have an alternative resource?

I don't meant to be self-centered, but I'm sure others could make use of it, as well.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, Will's brain. :D

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They made it permanent...not test anymore, so the link is different:

http://climod2.nrcc.cornell.edu/

I still see they don't have the 1995-1996 BDL total correct.  I'm assuming they have other stations incorrect as well.  This is what is ridiculous when it comes to snowfall data...very inconsistent.  It pisses me off, especially when I was trying to write all this stuff in notebooks and then it would be wrong.  

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I still see they don't have the 1995-1996 BDL total correct.  I'm assuming they have other stations incorrect as well.  This is what is ridiculous when it comes to snowfall data...very inconsistent.  It pisses me off, especially when I was trying to write all this stuff in notebooks and then it would be wrong.  

Yeah the ORH data isn't correct from 1995-1996 through 2003-2004...I have all the F6 data reconstructed for those years, but we couldn't get it past the NCDC red tape years ago. Perhaps we will try again in the future.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the ORH data isn't correct from 1995-1996 through 2003-2004...I have all the F6 data reconstructed for those years, but we couldn't get it past the NCDC red tape years ago. Perhaps we will try again in the future.

Hopefully it will go through.  I mean that's absurd.  

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I can’t get DXR to populate 1980-2017 snowfall mean.

Probably isn’t considered “major” ? :lol: 

Archived