Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, we can't even get a freeze warning right! :(

Will have to get my mosquito spray out today to do yard work! Maybe we will freeze before December.

Yes! I did get to 31.5 on 10/30 - I don't think I was under a freeze watch at that time (not sure why as most got to freezing or below that morning).

I'm not sure if GSP will issue another freeze watch/warning for the Upstate of SC.

At any rate, I'm anticipating a wintry event (locally) between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. LR modeling/forecasts look promising (trends are important only). Most likely a CAD-event (?) but could be a board-wide event. I will go out on a limb and predict 2 inches of sleet for our area prior to NYD (after a prediction of a 4+ inch snowfall by Chris Justus! always fear the warm nose Chris!)

9 hours ago, drfranklin said:

Yes! I did get to 31.5 on 10/30 - I don't think I was under a freeze watch at that time (not sure why as most got to freezing or below that morning).

I'm not sure if GSP will issue another freeze watch/warning for the Upstate of SC.

At any rate, I'm anticipating a wintry event (locally) between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. LR modeling/forecasts look promising (trends are important only). Most likely a CAD-event (?) but could be a board-wide event. I will go out on a limb and predict 2 inches of sleet for our area prior to NYD (after a prediction of a 4+ inch snowfall by Chris Justus! always fear the warm nose Chris!)

LOL! CJ and JC, I really wonder about them sometime!! CJ is as big of a snow weenie as most of us on here! The thick stratus has rolled in, bet we get no lower than 43 or 44 , sitting at 48 currently! All hope for a stray sleet pellet tomorrow, is out the window!

14 hours ago, FLweather said:

You do realize any precip that will fall tomorrow will be about this time tomorrow and after? Into Monday morning. But you are right. Not even remotely close for a sleet pellet. Cold rain. If there was a 12-18 differenc(early) then maybe.

Got this wrong! Had precip for 2 hours now, just needed the 30s! Sitting at 46

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Got this wrong! Had precip for 2 hours now, just needed the 30s! Sitting at 46

40.8 currently near DT Greenville, with light rain; temp steadily falling since midnight; yes, precip in the Upstate for at least several hours (dropping temps)

great fall day! just can't complete any yard work outside!

Archived