Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that was an interesting surprise. Picked up 4.2 inches of rain since 7PM last night. My NWS forecast said between a tenth and a quarter...

Yeah, crazy here too. I can't touch your totals, but I'm up to almost 1.5 inches over the same time frame. Can you say, "Overperformer"? A harbinger for winter...

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, calculus1 said:

Yeah, crazy here too. I can't touch your totals, but I'm up to almost 1.5 inches over the same time frame. Can you say, "Overperformer"? A harbinger for winter...

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

I hope it's this way in the winter. We finished October with over 14 inches of rain here. Been a crazy fall for the foothills. From flooding, tornados, wind, CAD events. 

Still locked in the wedge this morning. Supose to erode. For what is wOrth leaves are spectacular up and down 220/74 Randleman to Seagrove. Probably one of the prettiest stretches of road on the east coast when leafs are hitting peak. That's saying alot but it's loaded with poplars,maples and hickory trees. They will be gone in a day or 2 with next front. I've been all over state during peak leaf season for years and haven't seen a stretch of highway/ area that can beat it save a few mtn locations. And this year mtns got screwed. Best I've ever seen was going from Linville down to old Fort one atumn. Caught it just at the right time. 

1 hour ago, NCSNOW said:

Still locked in the wedge this morning. Supose to erode. For what is wOrth leaves are spectacular up and down 220/74 Randleman to Seagrove. Probably one of the prettiest stretches of road on the east coast when leafs are hitting peak. That's saying alot but it's loaded with poplars,maples and hickory trees. They will be gone in a day or 2 with next front. I've been all over state during peak leaf season for years and haven't seen a stretch of highway/ area that can beat it save a few mtn locations. And this year mtns got screwed. Best I've ever seen was going from Linville down to old Fort one atumn. Caught it just at the right time. 

Linville to Old Fort you have to pass right by my house. The leaves were late this year but beautiful this past week!  Was in Boone during peak up there and it was more of a rusty color not a vibrant color at all. 

7 minutes ago, Solak said:

Forecast: This afternoon ~ Rain likely (60%) mainly after 4:00PM

Radar: No echoes from I 95 to the TN border.

Gonna have to fill in quick to verify ;)

Just a glance at radar, your through for the day! Just slipped S of GSP, the precip! Drizzle is the word of today and tonight, as wedge sets up

This is one of the few times us low elevation folks can be colder than Boone:

The main cold front has settled to our south this morning, as Cold
Air Damming continued to evolve over the Piedmont Damming Region.
Note the observations at 06z/08 November indicated temperatures in
the lower 40s in the Triad with a NE wind at 10 mph. Meanwhile,
observations from Boone indicated a light west wind and temperature
in the mid 50s. The Greensboro RAOB at 00z/08 clearly indicated the
cold nose (mid 40s at 1100 feet AGL), and warm nose in the mid 50s
at 2200 feet AGL). NE flow in the cold nose, topped by SW flow in
the warm nose aloft. The flow was not crossing the Mountain tops and
was clearly dammed.

Archived