• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

It's always a frustrating ending to Tennessee basketball, but it was an above average season by any stretch. Just tough to not see that Grant Williams could have dominated this team while UT jacked up 3 after 3. That entire branch of the bracket went down in flames. Kentucky long ago sold it's soul to the devil apparently.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nrgjeff, what a win, brother!  Just to let you know that I had faith in your Jayhawks, 2/3 of my brackets have Kansas as the national champs.  They won me over with their play in the Big 12 title game.  That brand of basketball will take you deep in the tourney.  Had the Vols in the other which was not a bad pick in view of LC's run.  

Thanks Carvers! Yes I had the Vols going farther too. Loyola came to ball though. Kansas is peaking at the right time. KU has found its groove playing fundamental basketball. Defense is much tougher and the offense is comfortable with mid-range jumpers. 

Duke almost won at the end of regulation. Their last shot rimmed out so lucky for KU. Then in OT Kansas upper classmen had the huge advantage. Good D, contesting that last shot, built confidence. Couple turnovers and smart possessions closed the deal in OT.

Kansas had lost our last 3 Elite Eight games 2013, 2016 and 2017. Coach Self is probably right that playing another blueblood like Duke actually reduced pressure. Just go out and have fun! I am so thrilled back to the Final Four!!

I have to add this group of players is very special. Senior Night is always emotional, but Svi Mykailiuk and Devonte Graham gave particularly inspiring speeches with family there. Graham's family was there again for the Regional. In context after Senior Night, watching everyone gather around his family on the way to the Final Four was so amazing.

Archived