Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ky and Tn for the championship.Said this before i didn't want Ky to get into the 4 seed.They play the best when it counts with Calipari.I hope Kentucky is dumb enough to fire his ass the end of the season if they don't make the sweet "8" or even 16,i dont think they have the talent to get into the final 4,but that would depend on which bracket they get into

1 hour ago, jaxjagman said:

Ky and Tn for the championship.Said this before i didn't want Ky to get into the 4 seed.They play the best when it counts with Calipari.I hope Kentucky is dumb enough to fire his ass the end of the season if they don't make the sweet "8" or even 16,i dont think they have the talent to get into the final 4,but that would depend on which bracket they get into

I'm hoping they keep him to be honest. He's fading, even if he wins tomorrow, UK needs the top 3 or 4 high school players in the country to compete at the highest level with Cal as head coach. Once Duke started pursing 1 and dones their recruiting came back to Earth and do did they. If the NBA changes the 1 and done rule, he's probably screwed and UK with him.

2 hours ago, John1122 said:

I'm hoping they keep him to be honest. He's fading, even if he wins tomorrow, UK needs the top 3 or 4 high school players in the country to compete at the highest level with Cal as head coach. Once Duke started pursing 1 and dones their recruiting came back to Earth and do did they. If the NBA changes the 1 and done rule, he's probably screwed and UK with him.

Calipari keeps losing his freshman and So. players to the NBA,not sure about him fading.Long as the NBA keeps this rule where players can get drafted out of high school or college anytime which is a thorn in the ass for any college coach,he's still one of the top coaches in college basketball.He's lost five freshmans the last two seasons to the NBA,sooner or later the duration will catch up with you and make you look bad.

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Southeastern-Conference/8/Kentucky/258/nba-draft

He only wins at the highest  level with multiple NBA lottery picks. The NBA is looking to do away with the one and done rules soon. Plus Kentucky had 3 players hit on the FBI investigation. I suspect he'll eventually be gone due to that, but I'm not opposed to him sticking around there. He's the best recruiter in the SEC (at least with the UK/Cal tactics) but if you take solely coaching into consideration he's probably 8th or so. I'd wager he and Barnes could switch teams and he'd be at 15 wins or less this year.

34 minutes ago, John1122 said:

He only wins at the highest  level with multiple NBA lottery picks. The NBA is looking to do away with the one and done rules soon. Plus Kentucky had 3 players hit on the FBI investigation. I suspect he'll eventually be gone due to that, but I'm not opposed to him sticking around there. He's the best recruiter in the SEC (at least with the UK/Cal tactics) but if you take solely coaching into consideration he's probably 8th or so. I'd wager he and Barnes could switch teams and he'd be at 15 wins or less this year.

You might be right.But the talent he loses year after year to the draft you won't find that in the SEC on any team,not even Tn

4 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

You might be right.But the talent he loses year after year to the draft you won't find that in the SEC on any team,not even Tn

I agree with that, Tennessee has no where near the sheer talent. He has to have a generational player like Anthony Davis to win the title. Look at the NBA all-stars he has had the last 7 or 8 seasons, only to get upset in tourney play. 

16 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I agree with that, Tennessee has no where near the sheer talent. He has to have a generational player like Anthony Davis to win the title. Look at the NBA all-stars he has had the last 7 or 8 seasons, only to get upset in tourney play. 

Yeah,i'm starting to see your point.How good is he?Made me do alot of google..lol

Edit:To his benefit he still loses alot of players to the NBA,he still has to coach them to get to that next level.You lose key players and have to replace them is a hard thing to do

15 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Yeah,i'm starting to see your point.How good is he?Made me do alot of google..lol

Edit:To his benefit he still loses alot of players to the NBA,he still has to coach them to get to that next level.You lose key players and have to replace them is a hard thing to do

That's his entire system. It worked well when Duke didn't recruit 1 and done type players. Then K started focusing on them and now they don't get the best player every year, just some among the best. That and not winning NCAA titles have UK fans on edge. It doesn't help when he says things like "we're here to get kids to the NBA, not win championships" and "draft day is the greatest day of the year for our program."

9 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Arrrrrggggg..Back to D.S.T...wish we'd do like Florida and get rid of this crap.Forgot the models run an hour later

I had a weird experience when I woke up this morning. Somehow my phone, computer, and clock all had three different times. Took two cups of caffeine and an hour to figure out what to set everything to. 

11 hours ago, John1122 said:

That's his entire system. It worked well when Duke didn't recruit 1 and done type players. Then K started focusing on them and now they don't get the best player every year, just some among the best. That and not winning NCAA titles have UK fans on edge. It doesn't help when he says things like "we're here to get kids to the NBA, not win championships" and "draft day is the greatest day of the year for our program."

I think he say's draft day is the best day of the year for his program because that is the best publicity you could ever possibly get.  It's a recruiting magnet for him.. He knows what he has to say in order to land the elite players.  I agree with you on the championship point though, the fans definitely want more ncaa banners to hang.  If you look at coach cal's career though, he's had a tough time finishing off tournament runs.  I think todays game should be a good one.  I just think it's our time to hang an SEC banner, VOLS pull away late to win.  Keep an eye on  on James Daniel today too.  have a feeling that he might have a big game today.

Welp, I guess I've finally gone off the deep end. :arrowhead: The skies have forsaken me to enjoy 35F and rain! If that's how it's going to be then fine, bring it! With some exception this winter has been a failure in terms of snow barring a miracle in the final stretch. I got through the frigid dry January and I somehow made it through wet and warm February with some optimism but the two false alarm winter events this weekend have done me in. My hopes of any winter precipitation beyond a wild dusting on a spring morning are gone for 8 months. If I such as see a flurry tomorrow in my book it's a victory. (Pointless rant at the sky and weenie whining over.) With Spring soon coming into full swing I think I will get out a bit and enjoy some hiking that accompanied with the occasional thrill of a thunderstorm.

I'm watching the meteogram temps like a hawk.  Aiming to de-winterize the camper this coming Saturday in preparation for a Cedars of Lebanon State Park run for Easter weekend.  Hoping to avoid any pipe freezing cold going forward but will bust out the antifreeze again if need be.  After today's taste of winter I'm all in for spring.  Time to focus on the garden and camping trips!

One inch of snow last year that I didn't get to enjoy because we had to put one of our dogs down that day. Only one inch of snow this year after so much hype, hope and promise. I'm more than ready for it to warm up and never look back at these past two winter seasons. Sorry to vent....just frustrated!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LOL Arizona losing in the first round. The ball knows! With an ongoing investigation into $100K of incentive money, Arizona should never have been in a post season tournament.

I feel the same about the weeklies as I do Arizona. Chuck 'em!

Tennessee should advance again. I had Loyola over Miami, but I think Tennessee wins next round. Tennessee vs Cincy will be a defensive and fundamentals gem!

Hope to see Wichita State beat West Virginia and the paper tiger press this year. Watching Huggins melt down is priceless!

Penn was a bad matchup for Kansas but KU finally started sinking shots. Barring a disaster (Auburn?) KU should face Duke or Michigan St. I prefer Duke youth. MSU has experience and Coach Izzo.

Happy March Madness!!

We'll be in Chattanooga tonight.Son has his state gymnastics meet tomorrow and open practice is tonight.It's at UT/Chattanooga so i'm hoping they have good internet access where i can stream the Auburn game tonight.

I can't see Kansas losing to Auburn.Just put a big man in the paint and he'll likely destroy them if he's any good.Same with D,play the zone and make them force shots.Now if you play man to man ,Auburn can compete with anyone.Lack of size kills Auburn,McLemore was a huge blow for us losing him

The Tennessee men's team just blew an incredible opportunity and perhaps the easiest road to the Final Four they will ever see again, aside from having a more talented team. To say I am disappointed, well, yes. Sure, they had a great year and exceeded expectations. But today reminded me why they're a football school.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, jaxjagman said:

We'll be in Chattanooga tonight.Son has his state gymnastics meet tomorrow and open practice is tonight.It's at UT/Chattanooga so i'm hoping they have good internet access where i can stream the Auburn game tonight.

I can't see Kansas losing to Auburn.Just put a big man in the paint and he'll likely destroy them if he's any good.Same with D,play the zone and make them force shots.Now if you play man to man ,Auburn can compete with anyone.Lack of size kills Auburn,McLemore was a huge blow for us losing him

I should have been a basketball coach.I said how to beat Auburn in the paint and take away the outside shot...lol.No big man inside was brutal with rebounds

Clemson vs  Auburn   Game Summary   March 18  2018   ESPN.png

3.png

Tennessee loss was painful. Part of you wants to like aggressive play. The other just says, why reach at that ball? Houston also lost a heart breaker to Michigan; however, it was after missing two free throws so they never should have been in that position. Tennessee game rips the heart more.

Well I got two Kansas teams in the Sweet Sixteen. K-State fills in for Wichita State. KU is still in the mix. Now I wonder how many in the coastal media will get excited about Kentucky vs K-State, not realizing they are not U. Kansas, lol!

Great season for the Vols.  They allowed LC to dictate the tempo during round 2 and that (along w a last minute loss of our starting center) allowed a lesser athletic team to advance.  Still, for a team picked 13th in the SEC, this has been a great season.  Says a lot about this team that the expectations are such that we are now disappointed that they didn't have a fourth shot at UK for a chance at the Final Four.  Literally, our expectations went from "just keep it respectable" for the season to...."does this team have an outside shot at the Final Four."  After watching that bracket implode, we missed a great opportunity.  However, after being co-champs of the SEC and making the tourney finals....that is WAAAAY past even the most optimistic fan's expectations.  So, they did pretty well with the opportunity presented.  For next season, we are recruiting one more guard and an elderly nun to handle game analytics and to do the pregame prayer.  I am actually looking forward to basketball season next year.  

Archived