Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

10 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

So today we see continued cold and dry.  Really cold.  Like don't come out of your house cold.  Pipe bursting cold. So cold and dry we will all have nosebleeds.  Also, TT isn't updating some of the modeling, so I am having withdrawals. 

All this and I just found out my source for the Euro is no longer free.  It was a great tease to open that up to everyone and get them addicted.  

Seriously bad weather week so far... lol

Yeah this pattern is a bummer lol. All this cold and nothing to show for it. We even have energy flying all over the place but it’s all northern stream dominated and anything else just gets chewed to bits. I still think the Carolinas and Georgia see snow from the jan 3-4 storm though

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be a legendary stretch of winter had any of these storms worked out. Instead it's probably going to be that time it was kinda cold around New Years and not much else noteworthy went down. 

The Euro control from last night basically has 1/2 inch to 3 inches of snowcover from Nashville East by Jan 5th, with the mountains being closer to 3 and the Northern Plateau being closer to 2 and everyone else around an inch or so with 1/2 inch west of the Plateau. 

There are a few individual EPS members that support a big snow event but more that are dry.

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It could be a legendary stretch of winter had any of these storms worked out. Instead it's probably going to be that time it was kinda cold around New Years and not much else noteworthy went down. 

The Euro control from last night basically has 1/2 inch to 3 inches of snowcover from Nashville East by Jan 5th, with the mountains being closer to 3 and the Northern Plateau being closer to 2 and everyone else around an inch or so with 1/2 inch west of the Plateau. 

There are a few individual EPS members that support a big snow event but more that are dry.

I'm Hoping Mother Nature throws us a Curveball that we can knock over the left field fence!!!  We're due for a big snow, eventually it will happen.

11 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

My reaction to seeing the 12z GFS................. "I hate weather"

The optimist in me will be back at 18z.

I'll take anything to get out of the ditch at this point. The faster we get the warmup hopefully the faster we can get a favorable pattern back. I'd trade this upcoming cold dry weather for an immediate shift just so we could hopefully get realigned for the heart of winter.

It's pretty straight forward as shown you simply choose the amount of runs for that particular time for certain conditions then choose the speed at which the frames change. From there you save it and select it in your files like any other image you want to post on american weather, find it, select it, and it should show up and work without any trouble. When you save the gif it should show up under downloads in your files if your using a pc.

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

How do I drop a post a trend gif from TT?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh6_trend.gif

18 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

It's pretty straight forward as shown you simply choose the amount of runs for that particular time for certain conditions then choose the speed at which the frames change. From there you save it and select it in your files like any other image you want to post on american weather, find it, select it, and it should show up and work without any trouble. When you save the gif it should show up under downloads in your files if your using a pc.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh6_trend.gif

Thank you.  I should have specified.  My fault.  Using Apple IOS...any suggestions for that?

9 minutes ago, Kasper said:

The long range sucks, the long range models, ensembles, etc, etc! I guess we can get ready and for Severe Weather and Spring!

Could be but keep in mind, most years we are still waiting for cold this time of year and something  to track. Granted, i would  like snow too but we really  do still have several weeks to go!

44 minutes ago, weathertree4u said:

Could be but keep in mind, most years we are still waiting for cold this time of year and something  to track. Granted, i would  like snow too but we really  do still have several weeks to go!

Yea it's just frustrating to see all this cold and nothing to show for it! 

This pattern IS about as frustrating as Kansas losing 3 games at home so far! However, it is only the first of January. Calendar says winter just started. Met winter is only 1/3 through; so, in hockey we just started period 2/3. Better climo in late Jan and Feb fits the better second half team metaphor. While we always battle South climo, there is no reason to feel bearish (relative to climo) about the balance of winter. Frankly I feel better about snow in the South than Kansas basketball (round of 32 exit) this year, lol!

Archived