Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

That would be awesome AMZ but as we all know NEVER trust cold chasing rain! lol.

Valid point, that's why I went ahead and threw it in the banter thread.  As john eluded too, it's tough to get snow south of 40 anytime of year.  I live less than 30 miles from I-40 and it's incredible how quick it goes from nothing to something in 30 miles.

LOL C3PO yammers about odds again in the Last Jedi. I'm with Han Solo; punt the odds. August 21, 2017 we had the best weather in spite of the worst climo along the path of Totality. 

As we look back on great memories like the eclipse, may 2018 be another inspirational weather year. Starting with snow would be great!

Joyful Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

2 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

I'm in Gatlinburg and i figured for sure they would be covering the Titans....but noooooooooooo...they got both New York teams on,whats up with them not covering a state team ?Seems odd.They could have at least Put the Jags on for me :)

Usually every Titans game is on WVLT. If it's not on there I'd be shocked.

3 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

I'm in Gatlinburg and i figured for sure they would be covering the Titans....but noooooooooooo...they got both New York teams on,whats up with them not covering a state team ?Seems odd.They could have at least Put the Jags on for me :)

Hey Jax, Do you know when the possible piece of energy from the 28th-31st timeline will make landfall out west?

1 hour ago, Wurbus said:

Anyone have any good recommendations for home weather stations? My current one is dying and looking to get a new one.

The Davis Vantage Pro 2 is good.  Probably not a much better option for the money.  It can be pricey though.  I have one in a box where I moved last year and haven't set it back up.

Whats the coldest youve seen it snow in your neck of the woods?  I cant recall the year, sometime between 2007-2012 (lol), i saw a clipper drop .10-.15 with something like 30:1 ratios here in upper east tn.  I love the dry snow and the prospect of wringing the air out.

Outside of a clipper diving down from the north, is it possible to get snow (non-upslope areas) with cmc modeled temps (single digits or teens) from non-clipper/mountain enhanced dynamics? I assume if one is going to see snow at such temps the timing must occur precisely as the wave meets the cold air pushing south (?)...is this basically what we are hoping for, or is it more then pure timing, that is, that the strength of the low can push further northwest (with reason) into the cold or into the newly arriving cold.  I realize the modeled extreme temps occur post-storm, but for hypothetical sake.

So today we see continued cold and dry.  Really cold.  Like don't come out of your house cold.  Pipe bursting cold. So cold and dry we will all have nosebleeds.  Also, TT isn't updating some of the modeling, so I am having withdrawals. 

All this and I just found out my source for the Euro is no longer free.  It was a great tease to open that up to everyone and get them addicted.  

Seriously bad weather week so far... lol

Archived