SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for you guys,it's like a big soap opera each day with drama for you guys and you guys are getting ripped up in the social media,not good for recruitment.This is the first year,this year where you can sign recruits early which is upcoming in a couple weeks.You guys really need to fix this,fast !!Fulmer needs to pull a big rabbit out the hat and fix relations.Never in my life seen anything like this.I know if this were Auburn my heart would be ripped out.Good luck guys.

11 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Currie is toxic. His departure is even better than the weather charts coming out recently.

We always say, get the cold in here and then worry about precip. Get a new AD, and then find the right football coach.

What's up with the red tag?Didn't you use to be green,not that i know the difference you're still a met..lol.But are you our Mod now?What happened to Mr.Bob i haven't seen him in ages?Can you see i'm full of questions?..lol

2 hours ago, tnweathernut said:

I'm taking the bus to fill it full of gas.  Seeing the potential at 0z tells me we may need to stop off and fill back up somewhere.   So, who is driving this thing?

Saw that too,  It would be something else if it verifies!  I know we still have a ways to go before it arrives, but it's hard not to get pumped up seeing that.  Those temps are seriously cold too. Gotta love the potential!!  Side note- It has been a tough week for us Vol faithful.  Just know that fulmer WILL return us to our championship ways.  I'm excited to see who Phil thinks is a good candidate for our head coaching vacancy!!! GBO

3 hours ago, AMZ8990 said:

Saw that too,  It would be something else if it verifies!  I know we still have a ways to go before it arrives, but it's hard not to get pumped up seeing that.  Those temps are seriously cold too. Gotta love the potential!!  Side note- It has been a tough week for us Vol faithful.  Just know that fulmer WILL return us to our championship ways.  I'm excited to see who Phil thinks is a good candidate for our head coaching vacancy!!! GBO

Last night was the first night I have slept well in a couple of weeks.  I honestly feel, with Fulmer handling this hire, the curse is lifted and we are about to be back!  It has been a long last 10 years for the Vol faithful....

Jimbo Fisher just got paid didn't he?Good grief.$75M from Tex A&M.Still behind Saban and Dabo per season,but still that's some sweet money.

Edit:I just saw Dabo Swinneys buy out if he were to get fired(not that he will) but as of 12-1 this year it would be 40 million.We all got in the wrong profession i believe..lol

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

13 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Its right above our house.If i had to find something in my yard i'd have no prob..lol

Yeah, It's pretty cool when you can go outside and walk for miles without having to use a flashlight!!  Side note- Has anyone noticed strange activities from animals leading up to this possible bitter cold we are forecast To have in the next 10-15 days?  I work at a well known golf club in Memphis and I have seen some weird stuff this week in regards to birds specifically!

1 hour ago, AMZ8990 said:

Yeah, It's pretty cool when you can go outside and walk for miles without having to use a flashlight!!  Side note- Has anyone noticed strange activities from animals leading up to this possible bitter cold we are forecast To have in the next 10-15 days?  I work at a well known golf club in Memphis and I have seen some weird stuff this week in regards to birds specifically!

There is a pair of migratory birds that winter near my house.  They arrived last week.  Last year when Canada was so warm, they arrived very late...maybe like late Dec or early Jan.  When those two get here early...I can almost always say that Canada is getting very cold.  Unrelated to the upcoming cold.... blizzards hit the East coast we will sometimes see a ton of birds here.  They are usually in huge groups.

Wow Alabama got lucky for the BCS. They needed somebody to choke in a conference championship and Wisconsin did so.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:23 PM, jaxjagman said:

What's up with the red tag?Didn't you use to be green,not that i know the difference you're still a met..lol.But are you our Mod now?What happened to Mr.Bob i haven't seen him in ages?Can you see i'm full of questions?..lol

I have always been red. Probably don't want to give me a green tag, better red than dead, lol. Thread I started with rules might add confusion, but just for that thread. Glad cold is still on track..

1 hour ago, nrgjeff said:

Wow Alabama got lucky for the BCS. They needed somebody to choke in a conference championship and Wisconsin did so.

I have always been red. Probably don't want to give me a green tag, better red than dead, lol. Thread I started with rules might add confusion, but just for that thread. Glad cold is still on track..

Must have been dreaming with the tag.

Best way to have resolved the OSU and Alabama thing would have been to let them play each other.You're always gonna have some sort of bickering somewhere, it don't really matter if it's a 4..8...etc..etc. team tournament

I don't like the thought of a HUGE playoff scenario, BUT.................  I do like the thought of going to 8 teams.  If you did that, you could have all power 5 conference champion teams secure bids, 2 at-large teams, and the highest ranking NON power 5 team.  I am sure you'd still have gripes, but to me this makes a lot of sense.

Plenty of time for 8 teams. We have zero college football from now until New Years. They should play another round. At the very least, we need a 4/5 play-in to cover the Power 5. Six teams is another option with two play-ins, and byes for the top 2. Frankly, I don't think anybody deserves a bye. Injuries, and time to heal, is the only justification for giving byes. 

Archived