Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter 2017/18

AMZ8990

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS fantasy time! There's been a snow event for days on here around this time frame. It's bounced around from the Carolinas to the Deep South to now the Mid-South. Not terribly likely for any of them to verify but certainly not out of the realm of possibility as late November Climo supports large snow events. This run depicts an Apps runner. Basically the exact track I posted a while back from Central Alabama to just East of the Apps that really works out well for the west side of the Valley.

prateptype_cat.us_ov.png

Actually lays down a heavy event for the western forum.

snod.us_ov.png

49 minutes ago, John1122 said:

GFS fantasy time! There's been a snow event for days on here around this time frame. It's bounced around from the Carolinas to the Deep South to now the Mid-South. Not terribly likely for any of them to verify but certainly not out of the realm of possibility as late November Climo supports large snow events. This run depicts an Apps runner. Basically the exact track I posted a while back from Central Alabama to just East of the Apps that really works out well for the west side of the Valley.

prateptype_cat.us_ov.png

Actually lays down a heavy event for the western forum.

snod.us_ov.png

Oh Yeah!!!!   I'd take 5 inches of fluffy powder any day!  

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Auburn! Bama better pray for total debacles in all the Conference championship games. Otherwise I see the SEC slot going to the Georgiadome winner. ACC probably will not end up with two slots. Might one to the Big 10.

Who are the only two teams to start 5-0 and then have a total meltdown?

Alabama and the KC Chiefs. Of course I'm much more pissed off about the Chiefs.

Hopefully the December blocking does not melt away too...

19 hours ago, tnweathernut said:

As a TN football fan (college) all I can say is i THOUGHT we had hit rock bottom Saturday in getting routed by our in-state rival 42-24.  Little did I know what was coming at us less than 24 hours later.  Maybe THIS is rock bottom?  There has to be a bottom, right?

I've been saying this every day about the country since the 2016 election.  :facepalm:

I'm going to have to go with, since Kansas blew a lead to Michigan in the Elite Eight. Somebody was hot doggin' when they should have been running clock...

On 11/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, tnweathernut said:

...Maybe THIS is rock bottom?  There has to be a bottom, right?

23 hours ago, Stovepipe said:

I've been saying this every day about the country since the 2016 election.  

Kansas has lost in the Elite Eight so many times it is almost KU lore. We will choke in the EE. Frankly it is unacceptable performance. KU should be in the Final Four every 4-5 years. We are going on six. KU has a big man again, and still good outside shooting. Can Coach Self get the defense intense enough?

47 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

I'm going to have to go with, since Kansas blew a lead to Michigan in the Elite Eight. Somebody was hot doggin' when they should have been running clock...

Kansas has lost in the Elite Eight so many times it is almost KU lore. We will choke in the EE. Frankly it is unacceptable performance. KU should be in the Final Four every 4-5 years. We are going on six. KU has a big man again, and still good outside shooting. Can Coach Self get the defense intense enough?

I am getting to the point I forget what being competitive even feels like.

0-8 in the SEC....and we thought it couldn't get worse.   At least the BBall team got a couple of decent wins in the Bahamas.  Winning...so that is what it feels like.  Ya'll, I almost fell asleep at the UMass game.....at a Tennessee football game, I almost fell asleep.

The past decade has been a disaster. Perhaps the Haslams will stop meddling in the affairs of the program. If they want to donate and support financially, fine. But clearly they are incapable of making competent decisions with respect to administrators and coaches. The current search has reached astronomical levels of incompetence. You know what? I'm not even going to bother anymore. I have lost all hope.

7 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

0-8 in the SEC....and we thought it couldn't get worse.   At least the BBall team got a couple of decent wins in the Bahamas.  Winning...so that is what it feels like.  Ya'll, I almost fell asleep at the UMass game.....at a Tennessee football game, I almost fell asleep.

We better not hire the NC state coach!!  That would be a disaster of epic proportions!

Vols fans here have briefed me on the business and political side. Wow! Donors making AD decisions is like executives giving commodity traders directives on how to trade. Nothing but trouble results! 

Tennessee has a great tradition, and the football program retains immense economic value. While we still have time, replace the AD quietly and quickly. Then pay what's needed for the right coach.

Archived