SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 5th, 2017 Severe Weather Event

IllinoisWedges

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tornado warning at Sandusky, OH. radar velocities are not particularly strong, but then again I am using GRLevel3 and there are sometimes things that I don't see with the Level 3 data.

Was actually following that storm earlier. Had pretty damn good visible rotation and lowering but didn't have the gusto to touchdown. LCLs and impressive SRH are very noticeable in person with these storms

Chased that damn thing all the way from SW Tipton county to Dunkirk and never saw it on the ground.   Started off elevated with some screaming SE inflow at about 1k ft. It took a hard right as it entered northern Madison county and merged with a heavy rainer just to it's north. Got caught in some really heavy precip. flooded roads and ended up to far behind it.  It could've dropped a few times as there was a definite path of intermittent SW to NE  tree, barn and shed damage all the way back to just west of Summitville.  didn't see anything to terrible but took some trees as big as 2 or 3 feet wide down.  Was in the wrong position and blinded by precip most of the time.

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Chased that damn thing all the way from SW Tipton county to Dunkirk and never saw it on the ground.   Started off elevated with some screaming SE inflow at about 1k ft. It took a hard right as it entered northern Madison county and merged with a heavy rainer just to it's north. Got caught in some really heavy precip. flooded roads and ended up to far behind it.  It could've dropped a few times as there was a definite path of intermittent SW to NE  tree, barn and shed damage all the way back to just west of Summitville.  didn't see anything to terrible but took some trees as big as 2 or 3 feet wide down.  Was in the wrong position and blinded by precip most of the time.

I got in behind it at the Jay/Blackford County line. It was so rain-wrapped from my position that I couldn't get any pictures, then got slowed down by debris, trees in the road and stopping to check for injuries.  Here are a few pics that my brother and I took. it missed his house by less than 2 miles.

23131743_1857213110985347_4659388889126140656_n.jpg

IMG_0390.JPG

Archived