Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-Atlantic winter 2017-18 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have 39 entries so far. Just a few quick reminders:

-Contest closes for entries at 11:59PM this Thursday, Nov. 30. No extensions!

-Feel free to edit your forecasts up until the deadline, if you changed your mind on anything. 

@StormchaserChuck and @WVhighlands - neither one of you listed a tiebreaker.

@WxWatcher007 and @nw baltimore wx - one of you needs to tweak your forecast so they're at least slightly different from each other... or something. lol

On 11/28/2017 at 7:32 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

We have 39 entries so far. Just a few quick reminders:

-Contest closes for entries at 11:59PM this Thursday, Nov. 30. No extensions!

-Feel free to edit your forecasts up until the deadline, if you changed your mind on anything. 

@StormchaserChuck and @WVhighlands - neither one of you listed a tiebreaker.

@WxWatcher007 and @nw baltimore wx - one of you needs to tweak your forecast so they're at least slightly different from each other... or something. lol

I have an excel template that will do all the calcs for 4 locations. Do you want me to email you a copy or do you already have one?

19 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Not for nothing, people, but you can just edit your original posts with updated guesses until the cutoff tonight - rather than doing new posts.

I'm going down with my bang-average ship, although I honestly think I might come in low because of my stubbornness.

I kind of feel like someone who bets the under or bets against their own team. You never really want to see scoring stop, nor do you want your team to lose, but if either of those mean that you can get something out of it then you can grit your teeth and bear it!

22 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Not for nothing, people, but you can just edit your original posts with updated guesses until the cutoff tonight - rather than doing new posts.

Yes that’s fine- I’ll be doing a final check tonight anyway since I usually get at least one stealth edit from someone.

29 minutes ago, Shadowzone said:

My good boy Shadow (black lab) is now deceased, but I will keep the moniker.  We now have Scout and Lilly - two yellow lab pups. I am sure they will love snow too.

Sorry about your dog- I know what its like. Our rabbit passed away last month- he was ten years old. We all miss him very much. :( 

Glad to see you back though! We have both former champions playing now.  :thumbsup: 

Archived