Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nam twins been trending pretty cold with Tuesday night's system...a sneaky setup that could give an outside shot at first flakes for us northerners . As depicted southern Pa to m/d line see flakes. 12k gets some into n.md.. Not exactly long range nam...is it overdone...probably ...but 18z Gefs ensembles do lend some support. 

12k is probably overdone. Shows 6" for some folks in Maryland. I guess we'll see once we get closer

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Surely is...but it's not in left field. 18z gefs definitely trended colder . Anyone looking for accumulation is going to be disappointed but flakes are possible . 2m temps in the 30s with 850s near 0..Hey...I've seen it before.

Deck pics from @showmethesnow.lol

Nah, you mountain folk in N Carroll and Balt county have a better shot of seeing snow flakes then I do here in the Death Valley called Hanover. ;) 

I actually have been keeping half an eye for a few days now on the day 7/8 time frame that you have been posting about. Think that might have some possibilities for us to see our first mood flakes, especially in the favored areas.

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

"Nam twins been trending pretty cold with Tuesday night's system...a sneaky setup with cold draining on a north wind  that could give an outside shot at first flakes for us northerners . As depicted southern Pa to m/d line see flakes. 12k gets some into n.md.. Not exactly long range nam...is it overdone...probably ...but 18z Gefs ensembles do lend some support"

add Euro to list. Shows some trace amounts over northern areas. 

No mention of e50 on the EPS? Shame on you. 

5 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

It gets better. lol. I think we know why ens mean panels are showing a west based block sig. 

gfs_z500a_nhem_53.png

I can easily extrapolate a d17 snow storm with the vort in the SW. LOL

51 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It gets better. lol. I think we know why ens mean panels are showing a west based block sig. 

gfs_z500a_nhem_53.png

I can easily extrapolate a d17 snow storm with the vort in the SW. LOL

Me too, but I didn't want to mention it since I've already given the vultures out there waiting to pounce on me enough fodder if my thoughts on where this winter goes fails.  lol

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Me too, but I didn't want to mention it since I've already given the vultures out there waiting to pounce on me enough fodder if my thoughts on where this winter goes fails.  lol

We're getting close to calling the -ao/nao real and not fantasy. Trends have been unanimous across all guidance and the wheels start turning in the med range. Numerical indices look sweet AF right now too.

Pd5Gk1z.jpg

UB9FGyU.jpg

5 day mean looks great again as well

gfs-ens_z500aMean_nhem_12.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived